Objective : This Document is to understand how to automate the HCM Processes and Forms from ESS/MSS with out logging from Portal .
- Example: Considering the Maintain Position form(developed in HCM P&F frame work) as an example in this case to discuss the steps to follow. The Idea is to write a custom report which will fetch the vacant positions available under a given Orgunit and output the vacant position id and it’s respective manager.
This Report should call the standard Report RPASR_TEST_PROCESS_EXECUTION to trigger the form.
· Design a Custom Report with the following Selection Screen :
· Fetch the Vacant Positions, respective Manager id’s for the Org. units provided.
· Use the Function Modules JOB_OPEN, JOB_CLOSE to call the standard report with the required parameters. This should be done in back ground with the USERID of Manager.
· This exactly works like clicking on ‘SAVE DRAFT’ button and sends a work item to the Manager.
How SAVE DRAFT Button Works : Save Draft button is actually meant to keep a copy of the saved form and send to the UWL of the same user to further use the form without creating from the scratch. Standard Workflow 17900404 to be activated to have the SAVE DRAFT functionality work.
a. SWDD -> WS17900404 -> Select Step(s) (Draft for PD Process Start / Draft for Process Start) -> Double-Click task (Ex: TS04000021) -> Tab: Additional Data -> Agent Assignment -> Maintain
-> Attributes -> Set to General Task (allows request to be forwarded to Initiator UWL
· Work item sent to the UWL of manager having Vacant Position (for each vacant position). Upon clicking the work item, Form opens with pre-populated with the following values.
Advantages of Automating the Forms :
· No need of opening the form from Portal manually
· Work items/Notifications can be sent automatically to the respective Managers
· No need of end-user/training for maintenance
· We can trigger the forms from other GUI as well, not necessarily the SAP Portal