Use of Network UI Element in Web Dynpro ABAP to represent organizational structure
Network UI element is used to represent data graphically in terms of nodes and edges. In this blog I am going to describe how to use a network UI element to represent organizational data.
Here are the steps:
- Create a Web Dynpro component ZORG_MODEL with view V_MAIN and window W_MAIN
- Create an attribute in the context DATASOURCE of type XSTRING
- Add an UI element NETWORK of type Network
- Bind the property dataSource of the network UI element with the context node attribute DATASOURCE
- Create a database table ZTEAM_STRUCTURE with the following structure
- Use the table structure to create the context node TEAM_STRUCTURE
- Create a function module which will take internal table with team details and give an XML as output
- Add the following code in the method WDDOINIT of the view controller
- Create a web Dynpro Application
- For the following table data
We have the following output
In my next blog I will analyze the different events associated with Network UI element and modify the database from the graphic designer.
The code for the FM is not clear. Please view the above blog as a PDF. Sorry for the inconvenience.
It would be even better if you could provide SAPLink format for your example ! 😀
I tryied it but it shows an empty screen on browser.
Do you know what could be wrong ?
It is very helpful.
some reason I could not make it working. Problme may be with typing.
Will you please send the above documents as txt file?
thanks in advance.
A very good article, but instead of this it is better to Go with data download to excel and display org chart using MS Visio.
Within a desktop scenario, indeed! When displaying on mobile and tablets, this may be questionnable.
Really good explanation, but it takes more time to render. is there any option available to make it render fast