Network UI element is used to represent data graphically in terms of nodes and edges. In this blog I am going to describe how to use a network UI element to represent organizational data.
Here are the steps:
- Create a Web Dynpro component ZORG_MODEL with view V_MAIN and window W_MAIN
- Create an attribute in the context DATASOURCE of type XSTRING
- Add an UI element NETWORK of type Network
- Bind the property dataSource of the network UI element with the context node attribute DATASOURCE
- Create a database table ZTEAM_STRUCTURE with the following structure
- Use the table structure to create the context node TEAM_STRUCTURE
- Create a function module which will take internal table with team details and give an XML as output
- Add the following code in the method WDDOINIT of the view controller
- Create a web Dynpro Application
- For the following table data
We have the following output
In my next blog I will analyze the different events associated with Network UI element and modify the database from the graphic designer.