SAP Business Intelligence 7.0. For more information, visit the Business Intelligence homepage.
This document describes how-to list all roles by queries in SAP BW easily.
Author(s): Carlos Basto
Created on: 22 November 2011
Table of Contents
Table of Contents. 2
- 1. List roles by Queries. 3
- 2. Introducing to purpose of this document 3
- 3. Using QuickViewer (SQVI) 3
- 4. Using SE16. 8
- 5. Related Content 10
1. List roles by Queries
Almost always the BW professionals have some difficult in listing roles by queries, considering that does not exist a specific table in Business Intelligence Platform. Thus, this document comes to make this task a little easier, illustrating two ways of getting this list.
2. Introducing to purpose of this document
Let’s see two ways of listing roles by query:
- Using SQVI (QuickViewer)
- SE16 (with Filters)
3. Using QuickViewer (SQVI)
Through this t-code is possible to list all roles by queries following the steps below.
- Access SQVI.
Note: Sometimes, by being a BW professional and in the requirements for this module SQVI is not part of, is possible that there’s no access to SQVI T-code.
2. A list with all views created is shown.
3. However, let’s create a view that will help us to automate this list when it’s necessary.
4. First, put a name in the QuickView field, and then click “create”.
5. A new screen is opened up which lets you to put the “title” and your “Comments”.
Note: Sometimes this screen does not appear immediately, then you must choose BASIS mode, go to the tab “DATA SOURCE” and click on “change join”.
8. You need to choose all tables you want to use. By following our focus — list roles by queries, there are 3 tables that you must use to show correctly this information.
9. The join must be exactly as image below.
10. Now, you can check you join definitions [CHECK] and [RETURN] to main SQVI screen.
11. Once you selected all tables above is time to choose what fields will be used in the output of the view.
12. “List fields” sets the fields will appear in the view (as fields) and “Selection” sets what fields will be used as filters before executing the view.
13. After you [SAVE], press [EXECUTE].
4. Using SE16
1. This way is easier than first one.
2. You have just to access SE16 in put the table AGR_1251
3. After, you’ll have to use some filters to get correctly all relations between roles and queries.
Note: FIELD filter is used to indicate that the “LOW” (from range of records in this table) will bring the name of queries;
LOW filter is used to filters results by query technical name