To be able to use the functions of Flexible Real Estate Management in the SAP ECC Enterprise Extension, the configurations have first to be made for the basic settings. In a broad sense it can be mentioned that it covers the following settings
- Activating Real Estate Extension
- Basic Settings in Company Code
- Activating Real Estate Management
- Selection of Tenancy Law
Activating Real Estate Extension:
Menu Path: IMG ->Basic Settings->Activate Real Estate Extensions
The following indicators have to be setup to be able to use the functions of Flexible Real Estate Management in the R/3.
- Within the SAP R/3 Enterprise Extension Set, user would need to activate the Financials Extension (application code EA-FIN). It’s a Client Independent setting. Here we make all settings for documents from the Financial Accounting (FI) component that we want to post to real estate objects. For example, using account properties, we can specify which accounts can be posted on which real estate objects.
- Activate the BTE Application (RE). The active/inactive indicator determines whether Business Transaction Events (BTEs) of other applications are also processed by the Real Estate Extension. The Real Estate Extension processes some BTEs for the following functions:
- Payment (FI)
- Clearing (FI)
- Dunning (FI)
- Activating the Real Estate Extension. The indicator is client specific.
Basic Settings in Company Code:
Menu Path: IMG->Basic Settings->Basic Settings for other components->Basic Settings for company code
In this table, user would need to make basic settings for the company code used in the environment of Flexible Real Estate Management. Settings for each company code are required to be made for which we want to manage real estate objects. Financial Assets Management has to be active in these company codes.
Accounting System: FI has been the prerequisite for RE-FX configurations.
Uniqueness of Object Assignment: There is a one to one relationship between the object from other components (like Plant Maintenance, Asset Accounting, Project System and Controlling) to real estate objects.
Default Units of Measurement: Default unit for length, area and volume can be taken as Foot, Square Foot and Cubic Foot respectively.
Rental Accounting: The following settings have been made under the current state of system:
- Company Code Opts – This setting will result in Option Rate Determination.
- Create Residual Items- Specifies, when there is an incoming payment that does not clear all items, how the remaining amount that is still due is handled.
- Fill Assignment- By activating this setting the document line item field is automatically filled in as per the standard SAP settings.
- Item Summarization Active-This setting will result in the summarization of line items in FI documents.
- Tax Summarization Active- When tax summarization is active, the system summarizes line items using the following criteria before the tax lines are generated:
- Underlying tax code
- Tax category of the account (G/L account or reconciliation account)
- Tax jurisdiction code (if there is one)
- Account type
- Gross/net indicator of condition
Activating Real Estate Management:
Using this indicator the user can assign accounts to any Real Estate objects in CO when posting documents in Financial Accounting.
Maintain Addresses and Person Number Ranges
Menu Path: IMG -> Address Management-> Maintain Address and Person Number Range
Most of the addresses used in SAP applications are stored in a central address file. Addresses are identified by an internal number assigned by the SAP number assignment.
Maintain Address Screen Layout
Menu Path: IMG -> Address Management-> International Settings->Choose Address Screen Layout
The layout of the Business Address Services address maintenance screens can be configured globally. In the variants for the USA and Canada, for example, the postal code is after the city and the house number before the street, whereas in the standard variant, the fields are in the opposite order.
Maintain Forms of Addresses and Name Components
Menu Path: RE-FX->Address Management->Forms of Address and Name Components
The following settings are to be maintained.
- Maintain Forms of Addresses – Standard SAP settings eg. Ms, Mr., Company
- Maintain Academic Titles- Standard SAP settings eg. Dr. Prof. B.A. M.B.A PhD.
- Maintain Name Prefixes- Standard SAP settings
- Maintain Titles and Name Prefixes- Standard SAP titles and Name Prefixes
- Maintain Name Formatting Rules- Only one setting eg. US format has been specified.
Maintain Transport Zones
IMG Path: IMG -> Address Management->Maintain Transport Zones
This setting enables the system to automatically suggest a suitable route during sales order and outbound delivery processing.
Activating Duplicate Check and Determining Limit for BAPI’s
IMG Path: IMG->Address Management->Duplicate Check->Activate Duplicate Check
User needs to maintain this setting to activate the duplicate check at the level of the index pools. Additionally, user can enter for each index pool, from what level of similarity a record is to be valuated as a duplicate for processing without dialog.