Thirty-one student teams from University Alliances member schools in the U.S. and Canada submitted dashboard entries. They all gained valuable experience with analytics, helping them better compete in today’s changing job market. And they benefited a worthy non-profit, Junior Achievement. Three finalist teams from Colorado State University, Texas A&M University, and University of Pittsburgh received a trip to SAPPHIRE NOW Orlando where they presented their dashboards solutions to Elena María Ordóñez del Campo and a panel of executive judges (photos). The team from Colorado State University was selected as the winner! (photos) We thank all faculty who encouraged students to participate and all students who submitted entries.
Details about the competition:
Students at SAP University Alliances member campuses in North America are invited to participate in this competition. Each participating team is to develop a dashboard using SAP Crystal Dashboard Design to analyze key financial performance indicators of Junior Achievement – Philadelphia. Each team’s dashboard will be judged on its usefulness, usability, data quality and presentation, subject to the terms and conditions below.
Download a poster, share on bulletin boards, and distribute to students!
Three finalist teams will be invited to participate in the SAP University Excellence Program at SAPPHIRE NOW Orlando 2012, the world’s essential business technology conference. Benefits include:
- Transportation, meals and accommodation in Orlando provided by SAP
- Internship interview opportunity with SAP America
- Exposure to SAP executives including attendance at keynotes and special event opportunities for students
- Interaction with SAPPHIRE attendees and sessions with opportunities to learn cutting edge trends in business and IT
Finalist teams will present their dashboards to a panel of judges and key SAPPHIRE NOW attendees. The winning team will be announced at SAPPHIRE NOW Orlando 2012. These recognition opportunities are non-transferable and no substitution is allowed.
- Closing date for registration of teams: March 1, 2012
- Closing date for submission of dashboard entries: March 22, 2012, 11:59 pm EDT
- Notification of 3 finalist teams by SAP: April 13, 2012
- Finals: May 15, 2012
- Each team must consist of no more than 3 members from the same institution.
- The dashboard must be built using SAP Crystal Dashboard Design (software available for free download – Windows operating system required.)
- Entries must submit a dashboard and a 10 minute recorded presentation showcasing their dashboard.
- All submissions (dashboard and documentation) must be in English.
- All submitted materials must be original materials created by the members of the applicable team.
Students must first register their team. Read the terms and conditions. Registration is now closed.
STEPS AND RESOURCES
- Students: Review these steps and resources to understand the Junior Achievement case, download software, learn dashboarding, and submit your team’s entry.
- Faculty: Review a 30 minute recorded webinar and slides on the value of this competition for students, learning resources, and important deadlines.
- For general inquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.