Translation of Portal PCD Objects
For Translating Portal PCD Objects, following step by step approach can be used.
1. Assumptions and Scope
This document covers the method to translate SAP Enterprise Portal PCD Objects for version 7.01 SP7 and above.
2. PCD Translations
PCD Objects translation is a three step process:
1) Creating of Translation Worklist
2) Translating the PCD Objects using Worklist Translations tool
3) Publishing the Translation Worklist
3. PCD Translation – Step by Step
a. Creating Translation Worklist
In this step we will create a Translation worklist and add all the PCD objects which we want to translate.
1. Choose Content Administration->Portal content Translation ->Translation Worklist Coordination.
2. Right-click a portal content folder and choose New–> Translation Worklist.
3. Enter the following details to create a worklist: a)Translation Worklist Name: Name of the worklist , b) Translation Worklist ID: ID of the worklist ,c) Master Language: Master language
4. Choose next, on the Summary page, check the entries you made and choose Finish; Select option Open the object for editing and keep the Translation worklist opened.
5. In the Portal Catalog, click on individual objects whose text parts you want to add to the worklist. Now Right Click and choose Add to TranslationWorklist
6. In the property category, Configure Resolve references settings, keep it yes if you wish to add all the dependent objects in this translation worklist otherwise keep it to No. For e.g. if a role contains one worklist, one page and one iView, resolve reference property will add all these objects in the worklist.
7.Click on button Generate the translation data
8. Release the worklist for translation
Now these objects are ready for translations.
b. Translating the PCD Objects using Worklist Translation tool
In This step we will use the Translation worklist created in above step and translate the PCD objects in the required language.
1. Choose Content Administration>Portal content translation ->Worklist Translation.
2. Find a worklist by entering an ID or with a generic search.
3. When you select a worklist, the following statistical data is displayed: a)Status, for example “Released for Translation” , b)Last Changed By , c)Last Changed At
4. Define the source and target languages and choose load for Translation.
5. A list of all translated text strings is displayed, sorted in increasing order by number. You can now translate the texts.
6. Translate the texts and choose “Save All” button, once all the texts are translated choose close
7. Make sure that “Not Translated” text count becomes 0 for Target language.
8. Similarly translate the objects in this worklist in other languages and once done, choose Mark as Translated.
c. Publishing Translation Worklist
Publishing the translation worklist will write the translation to the PCD objects, only after publishing these texts will be visible to the end user in the translated languages.
1. Choose Content Administration->Portal content Translation ->Translation Worklist Coordination and select the Translation worklist that was used in above steps to translate the PCD objects.
2. Choose Publish Translation.
Publish Translation writes the translation on to each PCD Objects.
Now all the PCD objects in this translation worklist are translated.
When transporting these objects, they have to be added in a Transport package, the transport package needs to be Exported in Data Only Mode first and then in Text Only mode. I will be publishing another Weblog to talk about How to Transport different Portal Objects using CTS+ mechanism.