Before going to system details, lets have a brief info about the e-Invoicing, e-Invoicing in Turkey and SAP’s e-Invoice Solution.
Background of Electronic Invoice
Paper vs. Electronic Invoicing
- The EU has broadened electronic invoicing support by implementing EU Council Directive on electronic invoicing (since 2004 in all EU countries).
- EU Countries process 23 billion e-invoice a year, and 41% of all EU Companies perform e-invoicing.
- Adoption rates of B2B electronic invoice, traded within the U.S. F500 businesses, are growing rapidly.
- Electronic invoicing has become a “state-of-the-art” solution in many industries and countries.
Benefits of e-Invoicing
- Improve productivity
- Meet sustainability goals by one more “paperless office” achievement
- Eliminate manual data entry errors: reduce disputes, rejections and re-submissions
- Eliminate manual reconciliation effort
- Increase on-time payment percentage
- Reduce cost per outgoing invoice
- Eliminate paper and postage
- Increase compliance with customer format mandates
- Shorten customer-to-cash cycle times
How To Use Electronic Invoicing In Turkey
- sending e-invoices,
- receiving e-invoices,
- downloading the e-invoices into their computer,
- presenting electronic media stored in their computer when requested.
“SAP e-Invoicing Solution” provided by FIT Solution Acrhitecture
We had 2 altertanives when we first developed the e-Invoicing solution.
1. Develop a custom application (.NET/ Java) and deploy it to customers like Crossgate
2. Use a proven middleware solution to build e-Invoicing Solution.
We did the first PoC’s at a customer who has SAP ERP as Financial System with the first method due to the following reasons:
- Lack of PI consultants (All are at customers :))
- No one knows how it will work
- There are lots of steps to be done (like conversion, enveloping, signing, zipping and compressing) with custom developments (we did with Java)
- Customer want the results asap
- We had available Java resources
When we succeeded with PoC, we decided to build the solution on top of NetWeaver PI due to the following reasons:
- For SAP and Non-SAP ERP systems, we had to use the same infrastructure, thus systems must be able to use multiple integration methods
- For customers, with multiple company code (like holdings or companies with many brands) same system must provide queuing, access control, multiple certificate usage
- For customers with many invoices per day or month, system must provide the queuing and must be able to process large amount of messages. also it has to be easy to monitor, control (like resending) and track the messages
- For HUB customers like holding (who can host multiple companies multple customer codes) system should be setup in a high available environment, and must be scalable to meet the upcoming loads
- Customers asks for a solution whose platform will be available after 10 years
- Customers asks for a solution so the IT guys can manage easily.
- Customers asks for a system, which they can easily shift to virtual environments, upgrade, migrate to lower TCO
- We wanted the solution to be maintained by multiple resources. Solution must not be developer-dependent.
Bacause of above reasons we decided to go with NetWeaver PI. Current version (1.3 and 1.4) is running on NetWeaver PI 7.3.
With the NetWEaver PI 7.3 EHP1, I guess we’ll think about using the Java-Only PI as the BPM will be provided by NetWeaver BPM for PI starting with this release.