On Dec 28th , I posted my blog when I received the badge for Active Contributor Bronze and today I am posting my blog when I have received my badge for Active Contributor Silver.In a month , I could make this transition makes me even happier.
When I look back at this journey, I would say over a period of 1+ year in SAP CRM, I have become confident at WebUI and BOL/GENIL programming. Much of this happened as I have been either regularly reading/practising or contributing in SAP SCN.Initially I was reading or answering on the CRM WebUI forum but I graduated to writing blogs on topics which I would experience in daily life as SAP CRM consultant.Now I also have a list of topics , on which I would like to contribute. I keep working on them till I complete the blog.Also I also started searching for articles in SCN on CRM particularly and found a treasure trove.In short I have learnt to use SCN better. One of my suggestions to fellow members would be go on hunt in SCN for articles, blogs, wikis and forums in your area. There would be some very good articles, blogs or wikis which would enhance your learnings.And don’t forget to contribute later. Thats how this community is running.
I believe well begun is half done but continuing on the same path is a test of perseverance and character.To become an effective contributor my range of knowledge should be broader and I would like to focus on follwing areas in SAP CRM
- Frameworks such as One Order, Marketing etc and touch upon areas other than Sales.
- CRM middleware or how does a CRM system talk to ERP or a third party software
- All areas in WebUI
- PFCG & Access Control Engines.These are the backroom boys which restrict my access to links.( I hate them actually hence would like to conquer them).
- Business Use of CRM.
- Mobile CRM ( one of my friend has promised me to introduce this concept).
- Consuming Web Services in SAP CRM
- Sales & Distribution Module of SAP ECC as this is the back bone of order processing in SAP world.
In the non-CRM areas i would like to fine tune my knowledge in the following areas
- Web Services in general and in the SAP world doing some hands on this.
- Sybase Unwired Platform. There was a good blog on SCN which I would be using as a starting point.
- Workflow. This is the heart of the business software and I believe this is a must to have thing in my skill set.
- ABAP webdynpro. I believe WebUI is similar to webdynpro hence picking that would be easy.
When I look at the above mentioned list, I believe that there is so much to do and I have such a huge opportunity to learn.If I achieve this within this year, then it would be great. As for the next badge of the active contributor, the quest for it would keep me on my heels.