What is Advanced Returns Management?
Advanced Returns Management (ARM) is included in SAP ERP and enables you to handle all customer returns scenarios, such as returns made at the counter, returns that involve a shipment to the warehouse – including subsequent reverse logistics – and direct shipments from customer to vendor. At different times during the process, you can refund the customers with a credit memo or compensate them with a replacement material.
ARM integrates all the steps involved in returns processing:
- Creating the returns order
- Recording the material inspection results
- Deciding what the logistical follow-up activity should be
- Refunding customer returns with a credit memo
- Delivering replacement materials free of charge
- Monitoring the process
How is ARM integrated with SAP CRM?
SAP CRM Complaint Management has been integrated with SAP ERP ARM with the latest Enhancement Packages (EhP): SAP CRM 7.0 EhP 2 and SAP ERP 6.0 EhP 6.
You can now
- create a complaint with one or several ARM returns items in SAP CRM,
- enter the information that is required for the ARM follow-up processing directly in this complaint
- trigger the ARM follow-up processing from this complaint and
- monitor the complete process directly from this complaint.
Watch this video to learn how ARM is integrated into CRM complaint management.
What are the advantages?
This solution enables you to streamline your returns processes while integrating these into your overall CRM and Service Excellence strategy.
For more information see the documentation (sub-topic Complaints with Integration in SAP ERP Advanced Returns Management).