With the generally availability of SAP Solution Manager 7.1, take advantage of the renewed blueprinting capabilities with Business Process Blueprinting (BPB) 1.0, a light-weight Rich Client Platform (RCP) that connects to Solution Manager 7.1 via the Solution Composer ABAP add-on that is co-installed with Solution Manager. The below diagram explains on a high level the building blocks that make up BPB 1.0
Main Value Proposition or Why use BPB anyway?
BPB aims to not only reduce the total cost of your SAP project implementations but also provides a higher quality blueprint that accelerates time to market.This is made possible with,
- End-end visibility of your business process irrespective of the underlying technology or implementation
- Supporting complete life-cycle management from modeling, documentation, configuration, implementation to monitoring.
- Evolution of your organization landscapes along the business process dimension
What are the key capabilities I can expect?
In the 1.0 version, we chose to focus on the below key value adding capabilities for a highly graphical blueprinting experience.
How can I get started?
Hit the ground running with 5 in-depth How-To guides that covers the essential capabilities available in the 1.0 release:
- Process Modeling using BPMN
- Deep Integration with Solution Manager
- Search and Adapt from SAP Best Practice content (BPR)
- Documentation of custom Business Processes
- Integration with SAP NetWeaver BPM
Also, use the trobleshooting guide to unblock common exception scenarios.
Make the case for Better Blueprinting in your organization now with these 5 key takeaways for BPB 1.0 & Stay tuned for BPB SP02..