Posted on behalf of Andres Botero
The well-respected magazine and media outlet AMERICAN SHIPPER just released the results of their annual ITMS study (“International Transportation Management Systems”). SAP was a main sponsor, along other competitors in the TMS market.
AM sent a survey to practitioners of international transportation & logistics area in dozens of companies along several industries. The results of the survey show the reality of today’s ITMS space and highlights the trends and changes since last year.
Overall the results show that leaders in International Transportation management do…
• Embrace technology AND expect strong ROI.
• Squeeze value from their systems in terms of functionality.
• Centralize management of ITM processes.
• Focus on improving visibility.
• Limit the number of systems or platforms.
• Demand high levels of data quality.
Reflecting on those results, I would think SAP has interpreted well what the market is clamoring for: a single platform for supply chain execution where all aspects of transportation, warehousing, visibility and international trade and compliance are fully integrated.
Here is the link to download the report: www.AmericanShipper.com/ITMReport
It is well worth your time.
Senior Director, Supply Chain Management