BW 7.30: Data Flow Migration tool: Migrating 3.x flows to 7.3 flows and also the recovery to 3.X flow
We all know that in BI 7.0, migration of each BW Object is done separately. BW 7.30 presents you with a wizard based solution in which migrates all the BW objects in the data flow along with process chains from 3.x to 7.3(i.e. DTP’s are automatically created and added).
I present you with sample navigation on how to do migration / recovery in BW 7.30
1) Go to DWWB.
2) Select “Migrate Data Flow” from the context menu of the Info provider on which you want to execute migration as shown below.
3) This will lead you to the following screen, where you are required to give a name for the migration project. (Migration project is a place where we can group all the data flows into different projects and carry out migration. If the migration fails, we can revert back using “recovery” option.
4) I have given the name for migration project as “MIGTANG”.
5) Click on Create Button.
6) This will lead you to the following screen, where you can see all the BW objects and also a check box against the 3.x objects to choose the objects for migration.
7) Press “SAVE” after selecting the required objects. You can also use options like “ADD DATA FLOW” and “REMOVE DATA FLOW” from this screen as shown below.
8) Now select “Migration/Recovery” option in the screen .You can also see the Migration history and Status of Migration Project along with Step Reached in this screen.
9) You will now come across the below screen, where you can select the steps which have to be done.
10) Now select the steps and run the migration.
11) We have successfully completed our migration. You can find in the below screen. You can also see the logs for more details.
12) If we get some error, you will find “RED” traffic alert in the above logs and also get the step at which the migration has failed. Then you have to consider recovery to correct your errors before proceeding for migration. Now I will explain you how to do Recovery process in the below steps.
13) Now you will find the below screen, where you have to uncheck the objects you wanted for recovery.
14) Now run the recovery.
15) The BW objects we have selected got recovered, you can see in the below screen.