How to Maintain Historical Data using Crystal Reports-2008 and Excel Macro.
Aim: – To maintain the Historical Data.
Technology: – Crystal Reports 2008, Excel Macro & Back end Database.
In order to maintain the Historical Data for the reports, that are required to be generated using crystal reports 2008 and are to be maintained as the Excel Out put version, we need to follow the below steps:-
1) Create a Report using Crystal Reports 2008 and any Database tool as the Backend.
2) Host this report on Info view or crystal reports Dot com server and schedule it to run on weekly basis and set the output format as Excel.
3) Create a Macro file which takes the input from the scheduled Excel output of the report hosted at Info view / Crystal Reports Dot com server on weekly basis.
4) Take previous 3 weeks Excel output of the scheduled report along with the current week report data in Excel form to act as an input to the Macro file.
5) The Macro file will take current weeks crystal Data in Excel form along with Current-1,Current-2,Current-3 weeks crystal data in Excel form as an input for creating final Excel output report as per user requirement and design .
6) The Final Excel output report at Macro will maintain the Historical data, which can be further used for data comparison to achieve the Business Targets.