When I arrived at EclipseCon Europe in Ludwigsburg this year, I was looking for the registration desk at the entrance where it was the year before. Then I realized that this year also a further part of the conference center is used and a lot of peoples where queuing up in the back of the conference center for registration. It was the European Eclipse community’s biggest event so far. The 10th birthday of Eclipse conference.
There were quite some sessions and tutorials with contribution from SAP employees. For example
- A very easy to understand tutorial to Git and Gerrit, the Eclipse Hacker’s Guide to the Git Universe. And a further session about EGit, the EGit 1.0 and Beyond.
- An introduction of how you can use Graphiti to build rapidly an editor for a domain model in Graphiti – Building Graphical Editors the Easy Way.
- A demonstration of how you can use EMF Query2 to effectively discover and explore your EMF models in Peep into different backend with ease and query data from EMF models effortlessly.
- An overview of how Skalli can help with finding and getting an overview of running projects in large companies in Know your projects with Skalli.
- An overview of Next Generation Equinox Shell.
- An introduction tutorial to Tycho in Building Eclipse plugins and RCP applications with Tycho and Hudson.
- An overview of the capabilities of the JPA Diagram Editor in Click Out Your JPA Model.
Many recordings of the sessions are available here.