As announced in our overview blog, the Global Special Interest Group for PI (GSIG for PI) is currently collecting new requirements for SAP NetWeaver PI. While the Results of the global NetWeaver PI Survey 2011 has focused on usage scenarios and general feedback about PI, the goal of the GSIG PI Requirement List is to gather concrete functional requirements and enhancements for the SAP NetWeaver PI platform.
In the previous years the German and the Dutch user groups already gathered over 250 requirements from their group members. Due to the close collaboration with the SAP Product Management and Development, the majority of the 50 top requirements have found their way into the current and upcoming PI releases.
Overall procedure and schedule
- November till February: Collection of requirements within the local user groups
- February/March: Consolidation of requirements, survey to prioritize the collected requirement within the local user groups
- March: Coordination and discussion of requirement list with SAP Product Management
- April/May: Online survey for prioritization of requirements by user group members
- June till August: Aggregation of results, handover and discussion with SAP Product Management
- September: Release of survey results
To have a common structure and format, the documentation of the requirements was based on a common Excel template.
Consolidation and review
The collected requirements were centrally uploaded into a JIRA issue and bug tracking system. After an initial review and identification of duplicate and similar entries, 90 requirements were reviewed by SAP.
Prioritization by user group members
In April and May the requirements were prioritized by an online survey.
Aggregation of results
From June to August the results of the prioritized requirements from the 170 participants are aggregated and will be verified and discussed with the SAP Product Management.
In case of questions, don’t hesitate to ask questions or get in touch with the contact person of your national user group. The list of contacts can be found in ourIntroducing Global Special Interest Group for Process Integration. The global coordination of the requirement gathering is done by Pontus Borgström and Steven Lenaerts.