In July ,2011 SAP & Google have announced partnership to offer an updated software product in its BusinessObjects Explorer, that helps customers manage and layer large data volumes with Google Maps and Google Earth applications. These products puts SAP’s enterprise analytics on top of the interactive mapping and satellite capabilities in Google Maps and Google Earth and provides customers a way to visualize, analyze and manage “big data” via Google’s map, satellite and street-level views.
According to SAP, a telecom operator will be able to use Google Earth and SAP software to perform dropped-call analysis and pinpoint the geo-coordinates of faulty towers. Or a state department of revenue will be able to overlay household tax information on a map of the state and group it at the county level to track the highest and lowest tax bases.
You can get more information inthe below weblinks
You can get more information through ths video link here
I pondered over more Examples where this can be useful to the SAP clients. Here are my thoughts.
- Collection boxes can be installed to collect cheques where the outstanding amounts are high or in the areas where the billing amounts are relatively larger
- Track asset movement and identify them. This allows easy asset verification with remote access without physically inspecting the asset.
- Track movement of Inventories / goods which are in transit and control their movment.
- Customer financed assets can be identified and controlled as per their location.
- Geographical representation of organization structure and track operations across the globe
- Identify Vendors concentration areas and team up with nearby banks to facilitate faster payments to vendors.
- Optimising of transportation for delivering Goods to the customer.
- Companies can plan their overall insurance portfolio needs depending upon Assets concentration and various geographical factors such as Earthquake prone zone, flood frequency etc.
- Study customer / Revenue concentration and explore new opportunities in the areas where customer / Revenue concentration is lower.
- In Real Estate management, the Real estate assets can be displayed on the map and the vacant/ occupied / reserved etc statuses can be maintained and tracked directly via Google maps.