The capabilities of business objects data services are very huge,I know I am not adderessing many new things here but by looking at it’s various capabilities.
few below things I could realize
- Broadly it is a part of SAP EIM solution portfolio.
- Kind of product which related with business objects solution product suite.
- Product which is specifically deals for data integration & quality management.
- As it is part of EIM so tightly integrated with our MDM solution.
- It is kind of product which provides good state of art data migration capabilities and almost can pick the data from any data source as from COBOL,mainframe etc.
- There are many more functionalities which can be achived as in inbuilt adderess directories, Geo coder etc. For it the best place to see is here
Here I will talk on one scenario in breif I was instrumental with, as pulling the data from 3-4 different sources, transforms the fields as per business needs along with some specific validation & conditions and after that comparing them which can Show a kind of report for business to see the data. Actually here this is a good example of data integrity along with putting some quality checks in it.
EIM solutions are again some thing in which we have below some silent facts as lot of strategic planning needed for it.
- We can not control all data so design the solution to keep it in mind.
- We can not keep all the data for last, again all archiving mechanism and other planning needed.
- Information governance is most important factor to keep data in central control.
As the good trio can be BODS, MDM & MDG. More on it can be seen SAP TRIO – mastering the master data.
PS: These views may or may not refer to any specific standared contents.