– You ALWAYS have tons of food and drinks everywhere. Result: even though I never had any snack/cookie during the conferences, I am now 4 pounds heavier (merely just by seeing snacks and feeling surrounded by food all the time, I guess?)
– Because of the heat, some women in Las Vegas casinos tend to wear very short dresses….I mean: very VERY short, both on top and on the bottom part…..maybe it’s an air circulation trick?
– The most important person during the whole SAPTECH’ED event was someone called Hannah ! (and her name was strangely often misspelled…). Never seen her for real…
– The SAPTECH’ED event is divided in 2 categories: people who want to learn things and attend lectures, and people who want to win an IPAD 2 (and they had a lot of opportunities).
– If you have to choose between attending an important conference and receiving a piece of wood as a prize for being stupid on a video, you should definitely go to the prize ceremony! (if you don’t want people to shout your name because you’re not there) => SCNotties Award
– In Las Vegas hotels, a normal human being is able to use 3 TV sets (yes : three) in his room ??!!…..at least that’s what Venetian customers told me, as I had only one in my hotel. I still feel subhuman about it….
– The event should at least last last 2 weeks ! one week to speak about SAP, one to talk about other things. Because I have met really great and interesting persons (I could have spent hours talking about very different things!…you know your names), but everyone was always busy running to another meeting 😉
– The weather is so hot outside in Las Vegas that people actually need to have an Iceberg atmosphere when they’re inside ! (maybe to compensate?)
– SAP had an excellent idea : give a Water Bottle to everyone, so that they would always refill it instead of throwing away paper cups…..but all the water fountains were always surrounded with mountains of paper cups, that everyone kept on taking and throwing away immediately….
– A Rock concert is quite a different concept at a SAP TECH’ED event that what I’m used to. There are rows and rows of chairs (!!) that are promptly abandoned as soon as the concert starts. And then you can actually see serious-looking men almost banging their head with the music ! and I even saw one or two of them doing the devil sign !! (with one hand only, because the other hand is holding the Smartphone and filming the concert)
– Natascha T. (name hidden) is supposed to drink Chai Latte only…with all the energy she shows, I must really ask what ingredients they use at Starbucks for this Latte !!
– NEVER forget to bring at least one clone or two with you ! so many things happen at the same time that it would be impossible for one person alone not to feel frustrated because they have missed a lot …
– The most important thing I learned: HANA is the new Database that will replace BW. It will be sold as a software in later versions…..and it’s very difficult to implement….