What is new in ASAP Methodology for Implementation 7.2
ASAP methodology is a major component of the SAP delivery platform, enables consistent execution of SAP projects to deliver on customer expectations.
I am delighted to announce general availability of the next version of the ASAP Methodology for Implementation release 7.2. This new release builds on success of the ASAP 7 methodology and further delivers improvements in numbe of content areas.
We have listened intently to the users of ASAP from customer community, SCN, our own consultants and project managers to make this release even better than the previous one.
Accessibility / Mobile Support
ASAP 7.2 methodology content is available for mobile users including Apple iPad
Web access available on multiple platforms and browsers including MS Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari (you can read more about this improvement in ASAP 7.2 Methodology is now viewable on IPAD).
Content continues to be available in SAP Solution Manager
ASAP Methodology 7.2 Content Updates
Incremental update of the proven ASAP 7 methodology based on feedback from SAP customers and practitioners using ASAP 7 methodology for implementation
Fine tuned content reflecting improvements in the delivery approach, templates and accelerators collected from SAP projects
Content update highlights
- Quality and Risk Management guidance implements the SAP’s quality framework supported by SAP expert services like Review of Project Management.
- Enhanced Quality Gates template includes detailed acceptance criteria
- Streamlined Project Management work stream and templates
- Improved and closely aligned content in OCM and Training work stream
- Improved guidance for BP experts and SOA experts in the BPM work stream
- Streamlined Testing content with completely revised accelerators and templates
- Significant improvements in the Technical Solution Management work stream including new accelerators
- Improved alignment of the ALM processes and enriched guidance for use of SAP Solution Manager in projects and operations
- Over 45 Business Add-ons to ASAP Methodology are included in the roadmap – just use the Add-on View menu item to select the ones you are interested to use.
The ASAP Methodology for Implementation 7.2 is available to all interested parties on the SCN platform http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/asap-methodology. Users of Business Add-ons to ASAP Methodology will need Service Marketplace user account to access the accelerator files.
The ASAP content including Business Add-ons to ASAP has been also released in the SAP Solution Manager with the ST-ICO SP30 content update.
Questions or Comment
If you have questions about the ASAP Methodology for Implementation, please visit the ASAP Methodology for Implementation.