It’s hard to believe it’s been a week since TechEd Vegas wrapped up, I can still hear the music of OneRepublic in my head…
It was a great event overall! Jane McGonigal awakened all the hidden gamers inside of us and created lots of “eustress” (positive stress from playing game) with 4500-people played thumb wrestling together. Vishal’s HANA message was crystal clear, and the demo by Sam and Ian really showed how lightening fast HANA is (“faster than Ian’s fork!”). Besides the two great keynotes, there were over 1000 hours of lectures and hands-on offered within 3-days! Not to mention that SAP Business ByDesign has the strongest TechEd showing ever, at TechEd 2011.
A quick recap of all the activities about SAP Business ByDesign at TechEd 2011:
- Won 3rd place at the INNOJAM event (“Gamification of ByDesign Opportunity Entry”: From SAP TechEd Las Vegas InnoJam – Inside the Gamification of ByDesign)
- Was mentioned in Vishal’s keynote as one of SAP’s leading ondemand platforms
- Featured in general SAP strategy sessions (TEC 100, TEC 201)
- Demoed at three different booths on the showfloor, attracted more than 200 attendees
- Offered three lectures, one hands-on, plus “meet the speaker” and “expert networking”
Highlights of the ByDesign sessions:
* CD 122 – Five Essential SAP Business ByDesign Customizing Capabilities That Every Partner Should Know (by Tina Tuan)
SAP Business ByDesign offers a variety of tools to modify and enhance the standard solution. The built-in Key User Tools give both customers and partners the capability to create or customize the following –
- Analytic report
- Print form
- Extension Fields
- UI screen changes
- Mashup / Webservices
With the KEY USER Tools, customers can do a lot on their own to customize their solution. At the same time, SAP partners can offer value-added services by making these changes for their ByDesigner customers during implementation time, directly on the customer’s tenant.
* CD109 Business ByDesign Add-Ons: Build on Top of the ByDesign Platform (by Werner Wolf and Matthias de la Roche)
- For SAP Partners who are looking for additional customizing capability beyond the Key User Tool, look no further! SAP Business ByDesign Studio (SDK) give partners the additional flexibility to build new add-on functionality on top of SAP Business ByDesign and make it commercially available on SAP Store. Or partners can work directly on a customer’s tenant to build customizing specifically tailored for the customer. In this session Werner and Matthias gave a good overview with a demo.
- Click here to watch the replay of this session: http://www.sapvirtualevents.com/teched/sessiondetails.aspx?sId=176
* CD165 Developing Business Add-Ons for SAP Business ByDesign Using ByD Studio (by Werner Wolf and Matthias de la Roche)
- This is an two-hour hands-on session where attendee have access to the latest SAP Business ByDesign Studio (SDK) environment in FP3.0 and test drive how to build an add-on solution from scratch using the SDK.
- Attendees created a business object for “Customer Classification”, generated UIs and implemented the business logic – seeing the whole thing works together within 2-hr was simply amazing.
* CD167 Developing On Demand Mobile Apps Using SAP Business ByDesign Studio (by Werner Wolf and Matthias de la Roche)
- With ByDesign’s unique UI Player approach for popular smart phones e.g. iPhone, BlackBerry, making a mobile application is easier than ever. Mobile screens only need to be created once and are available at different smart phones. The UI Player (app) installed on the smartphone renders the UI screens for the device’s optimal display at runtime.
- Partner can use ByDesign Studio to create add-ons and can make them available to mobile devices easily: simply generate a separate set of mobile UI screens!
- Matthias demoed the creation of a mobile app about “event attendee recording” and showed how to download the SAP Business ByDesign app for iPhone from App Store, all there is to do is to configure URL (for your BYD system) – then the mobile users are ready to go!
We hope every TechEd attendee who visited our booths or attended one of the sessions got the following messages:
- SAP Business ByDesign is the most complete ondemand business application, deliver over the cloud, with ready-to-use business processes out of the box!
- SAP Business ByDesign is a full suite covering: FIN, CRM, HR, SCM, PRO, SRM, Compliance, and analytics reports, with built in and service and support.
- Based on a monthly user subscription model, with a short implementation cycle, SAP Business ByDesign is a great solution for small and mid-sized enterprises who don’t have a big IT staff.
- SAP Business ByDesign is a highly flexible and customizable solution, with lots of customizing capability using the Key User Tool – this is available for both the customers and partners.
- SAP Business ByDesign is more than a complete suite, it is also a development platform. Using the ByDesign Studio (SDK), partners can build add-on solutions on top of the ByDesign platform and make the solution available via SAP Store, or parnters can work directly in the customer’s tenant to create specific one-off customized solution.
- Making mobile application on the ByDesign platform is extremely easy!
This exciting TechEd event will continue its global tour in Bangalore, Madrid, and Beijing, if you are attending, remember to check out SAP Business ByDesign while you are there!