Recently i had a requirment for one of my clients to use the standard Ehp5 ESS webdynpro ABAP applications from related activities section in MSS (Self-Service for My Employee). Initially i thought it would be a pretty straight forward task as was calling the webdynpro Java ESS applications from MSS in Ehp4.
Contrary to my initial views i did face some issues in configuring this. Though when i look back after successfully achieving this it seems to be much simpler task :-).
Finally i thought to share my experience with others thinking it may save some of their precious time & i guess time is money for SAP experts :-).
As an example i am going to go through the steps for configuring ESS leave WDA application via MSS.
This article doesn not details simple portal activities like creating iViews/pages.
- Creating Related Activities Launcher Page (iView):
Copy Standard Ehp5 Related Activities Launcher (Start Processes) Page/iView & change the descriptions accordingly
- Creating Leave Application Page (iView):
- Create a new Resource for Related Activites Launcher Application (Home Page Customizing):
- Create a new Service for Related Activities Launcher Application (Home Page Customizing):
- Create a new Resource for Leave Application (Home Page Customizing):
- Create a new Service for Leave Application (Home Page Customizing):
- Create a new SubArea (Home Page Customizing):
- Assign service created in Step 4 to new SubArea (Home Page Customizing):
- Assign new SubArea to the Area Page MSS_HCM_AREA_RELATEDACTIVITY (Home Page Customizing):
- Maintain Service ID paramater of Related Activities Launcher iView created in Step 1:
Provide the name of service created in Step 6 for leave application in Service ID paramater as shown below
In addition to the above steps, please make sure the MSS role in R/3 have access to launch the following services:
- Ehp5 ESS leave WDA application
- MSS RelatedActivitiesLauncherApp WDJ application
Also check in home page customizing the resource ‘MSS_HCM_AREA_REALTEDACTIVITY_IVU’ has URL of PCD page maintained as ‘XSS-Menu’.
Once the configuration has been done as per the above steps the Leave request application for the employees can be launched from MSS as shown below:
OSS notes – 1578965 and 1577099