With our new RSS labeling wiki feature you can create your own RSS feed. This will allow you to post the link wherever you choose and let people follow your wiki content. Once they install the feed, they will be notified when your content is created, updated and commented upon (by you or others). It doesn’t matter where in the wiki you post your content, once you label it with the relevant keyword, they will be notified.
This feature is easy to use. I’ll take a possible scenario as an example and walk you through the steps:
Let’s say you are a product manager and you have multiple people interested in your wiki content. However it is difficult for them to receive all the information you publish since it can be located in various locations throughout the SCN wiki. However, now, once the feed is installed, community members can be automatically updated whenever you publish/update new content regarding an upcoming upgrade or other important information. Imagine how great it will be, allowing all your followers to access it, ask questions and engage other community members. It saves time and provides information easily.
In order to install the new feature, please follow these steps:
Choose a specific keyword that best describes your content. For example if you write about a specific SAP product such as CRM 7.0, choose “sap crm 7.0”.
Label all the existing and future relevant wiki pages with this word (e.g. “sap crm 7.0”). You can do so by editing the pages and adding the label in the bottom of the editing window (see screenshot below). Don’t forget to click on “Done” before you save the page:
That will lead you to a page with 8 fields:
1. “Types of content” – where you need to choose in which cases you want your followers to be updated: See image below.
2. “From Space”- Choose in which space you intend to create your content. If you are going to create it in multiple spaces, choose all of them by using the CTRL.
3. “Feed Name”- Choose how it will appear in your followers RSS reader. (e.g. sap crm 7.0 wiki feed)
4. “With these labels”- Insert the keyword/label you decided that is most relevant for your content (e.g. “sap crm 7.0”)
5. “Sorted by”- Choose if you want the feeds to be displayed in the reader by the date they were created or the date they were modified.
6. “Limit to”- Choose the number of notifications you want the RSS reader to display and of what time range.
7. “For Pages”- Leave the “Content” and “Diff” marked.
8. Hit the “Create” button.
9. Please copy the link from the RSS icon by putting your mouse cursor on the picture and click on the right button. Now please choose “Copy link address” as you can see in the screen shot:
Then you can share this link with your followers! You can do so via your Email signature, Wiki content and other SCN posts . We hope this new feature will help you promote your content, while encouraging community collaboration and contribution to your wiki pages of interest!
We have some more wiki features baking in the oven for you, so stay tuned!