In my Insomnia @ SAP InnoJam 2011 Sydney: Part 1 of 3 and Insomnia @ SAP InnoJam 2011 Sydney: Part 2 of 3 blog post about the SAP InnoJam 2011 in Sydney I wrote about the history of the event and about the event itself. This blog will tell you the experience we’ve had during the SAUG summit and provides you with some addtional material like pictures and videos around the event.
The SAUG summit 2011 happened at the Thursday after the InnoJam weekend. We got a spot at the last day of the event on August, 4th. The top three teams of the SAP InnoJam got the opportunity to present the prototypes they’ve developed during the weekend. Many of the attendees of the InnoJam didn’t get any rest during the weekend and had to do their regular work, too. But at the end I think nearly all of the team members of the three winning teams showed up.
Of course we wanted to show the HANA server in action and transported it from the UTS Business School to the Sydney Convention Center. The complete technical setup was setup and running half an hour before the presentation started. Unfortunately 5 minutes before the presentation started we’ve had issues with a VPN connection to a server in Europe which made it pretty difficult for some of the teams to show their prototype the way they wanted. But is was all live and at the end all teams made a good presentation of what they developed and what they learned during the InnoJam.
The winning team “Long term forecasting using predictive markets” got a trophy from the SAUG by Grahame Reynolds, one of the jury members and SAUG speaker. Congratulations to the team again from my side.
To summarize I think this InnoJam was again very well perceived by the attendees and during my time in Sdyney I already was pinged by colleagues how we can bring the InnoJam to Australia again. We’re already thinking of logistics and setup for the next SAP InnoJam in Sydney. Let’s see how we’ll set it up. We’ll work hard on making the event better and better and will try to avoid some of the issues that we’ve faced during the InnoJam.
In case you are interested in reading what others thought about this event, here’s a list of interesting blogs:
- “Programmers are lazy” – InnoJam them! from Chris Paine
- An InnoJam Experience – with HANA flavour from Sarat Atluri
- Cibernators @ SAP InnoJam Sydney 2011 – Disaster Alert & Response Management from Ronald Kleijn
- Forecasting using Predictive Markets – 2011 Innojam Sydney Winner from Wilbert Sison
- I’m InnoJammed, Thank you! from Wilbert Sison
- SAP InnoJam Australia and University Students from Paul Hawking
- Why your boss should send you to SAP InnoJam 2011 in Sydney (Jul 30-31)? from Rui Nogueira
At this point I’d like to say a special and BIG thank you to
- Bernhard Wieder from the UTS Business School for providing the venue and the hands-on help on-site
- Karsten Schulz from SAP Research for helping us to bring the technology experts to the event
- Kim Salter that organized the SAUG summit for helping us spreading the word around the SAP InnoJam in Australia and for personally taking care of getting enough atendees for the event
- Tony de Thomasis for initiating the idea to have an SAP InnoJam in Sydney and for the lot of work he did in the background to raise awareness and interest in the Australian SAP community for InnoJam
- Van Hai Ho from SAP Research for helping us with the many, many, many on-site details around this event
Finally I’d like to thank all attendees, the UTS Business School, the SAP experts coming mainly from SAP Research in Brisbane and the many, many SAP colleagues who helped to make this event a successfull one. In my summary video I’ve listed up all people that have been involved in the organization of this SAP InnoJam.
Hope to see all of you again next year in Australia!