People, Process & Technology
What come first – People… Process… Technology…
People use technology to enable business process. The critical element here is people. You Organization or project success depends on skilled and experienced people, well defined processes using best technology.
Based on my experience, People come first, then Process and at the end is technology. We enable process using technology not the other way round. If technology can dictate process, then every organization will have similar processes and you may be able to procure process similar to technology.
Given People and technology constant, competitive advantage is gained by firms with efficient and effective process.
Without right people, even best process and cutting edge technology will be ineffective.
Skilled and experienced team members help organizations with
- Creative Solutions
- Continuous improvement
- Tacit knowledge
- Vision on what is possible
- See the Big picture
- Conceptual understanding
- Knowledge sharing
A business process is a set of logically grouped business activities that combine to deliver value.
Process main goal should be to ensure that they aim at
- Doing the right things – Optimize
- Doing things Efficiency
- Doing things Effectiveness
- Meets user/customer needs
- Supports and sustains organizational development and growth
Even the best individuals or teams putting the best efforts cannot overcome a flawed process. A well-designed process will improve efficiency and deliver greater productivity
We all work on SAP one of the best ERP software’s and I do not need to elaborate. Technology helps
- Make processes easier to execute
- Facilitates timely information availability
- Smooth flow of information
- User friendly user experience
- Automation of manual tasks
- Reporting & Dashboard capability
- Analytics for decision making
- Integration between various systems