Dear ByDesign, please help me!
Have you ever worked with a software without getting to the point that you didn’t know how to achieve something specific with it? Yeah, me neither. Sometimes you just need help, right?
It will be the same with Business ByDesign. Even though we spend a lot of time and resources in use case and user interface validation and we try to improve things with every single release, there will be situations when you just can’t figure out how to perform a special task.
To reduce these moments to a minimum the look and feel of ByDesign is the same across all applications, even across future partner-add-ons. And we integrated the Business Task Management that is used to push a task to a user and to lead him to a screen that is designed specifically to complete this task.
Embedded Help Center
Now, what to do if I’m still just stuck?
The first place to go to is the Help Center. Embedded in ByDesign there’s a central component that provides context-dependent documentation: Wherever you are, just open the Help Center and it will show you the documentation that has been written specifically for this area of the solution. Just click the Help button in the top left corner (FP26).
In Feature Pack 3.0 we moved it to the top right or you can just click Help Center on the right side
The help center includes a variety of features:
- It always displays the documentation that has been written for the screen you are currently looking at.
- You can also use the search to look for any documentation you are interested in
- Or browse the SAP Business ByDesign Library that structures all available documentation
- Look up terms in the ByDesign Glossary
- Learning Modules include tests and demos
- Add your own company specific documentation based on the experience your users are gaining
- Get and improve your knowledge about your work environment by using the Learning Center – tailored exactly to what each of you needs to know
The complete ByDesign help documentation is also available publicly here:
Furthermore there’s the possibility to benefit from what other customers know. In the Business Center you find discussion forums structured per application area. Here you can ask questions about the product or answer the ones from other customers.
And while the community is growing with every new ByDesign-customer, SAP employees like me are monitoring the forums as well:
- To get back to you with a solution if there is no one answering.
- And to get insight in what areas in the product need to most improvement. This can result in new functionality, new screen designs and interactions or enhanced documentations in the next releases.
So get started, don’t give up learning and get involved helping others!