Skip to Content

Continuing from my last blog Caboodle – Part 7 – BOBJ4 Live Office Install

This blog focuses on Analysis for Office (AO) 1.1 SP3 32bit, and 64 bit.

On both 32bit 1.0 and 1.1 versions, I had great difficulty getting this to  work on my Windows 7 64bit environment. It only worked after I returned, a month  or so later, without actually doing anything, other than a few extra programs on  my enviroment.

The 64bit version worked eventually, with a little push.

No license key is required.

Note: I found it impossible to have Live Office, and MS Analysis 64bit on the  same machine. Live Office would not recognize MS Office 64bit (preqrequisite for  MS Analysis 64bit) at all. More information here Caboodle – Part 7 – BOBJ4 Live Office Install

Download

In the SMP, Software Downloads->Installations and Upgrades->A – Z  index, then to “A” and then to “SBOP ANALYSIS MS OFFICE”, for version 1.0,  or 1.1, you only have a 32bit option.

BUT, go to Software Downloads->Support Packages and Patches->A – Z  index, then to “A” and then to “SBOP ANALYSIS MS OFFICE”, for version 1.1,  there are the 64bit versions, for SP1, 2 & 3.

If you choose 64bit, you must make sure you have 64bit Office Programs.

 

The bottom of the three files are the SP3s

32bit

64bit

 

Before I began, I made sure I added to my Caboodle environment, PowerPoint  2010, and Office “Visual Basic for Applications” as there are some files AO  needs, that this contains.

 

Install

I began by running the downloaded files, as Administrator (not on the same  machine).

If you do not have the correct prerequisites, you will see a similar  screen.

 

and if you do meet the prerequisites, you will continue through.

The only difference between the 32bit and 64bit installation I could see was  the default install directory

 

“Next”

I selected both options

 

“Next”

I kept the default installation path

 

“Next”

 

“Done”

Program installed in Control Panel (both 32bit and 64bit, look identical, as  below)

 

Program Menu (both 32bit and 64bit, look identical, as below)

 

Test 64bit

I navigated to “Analysis for Microsoft Excel” and clicked to run it.

Nothing happened, so I re-booted the system.

After power-up, I then went to Excel directly, and opened it up, to receive  the following message

 

I selected “No”, and Excel opened up.

I then went to Excel Options->Add-Ins. You can see the disabled  “Analysis” entry below. I then selected “COM Add-ins” at the bottom, and  “Go…”

I thought I would try a load the Add-In manually.

 

I checked the check-box to manually enabled Analysis, then “OK”

 

I thought I had duffed up Excel, as it was there a short while, with “Excel  (Not Repsponding)” in the title bar, but eventually it returned back to me.

I could now see the Analysis Add-in from the Excel ribbon, so I clicked the  Analysis tab, and all is well.

 

I tried “Analysis for Microsoft Excel” once again from the Program Menu, and  eventually, after about 30 seconds or so, it loaded.

 

I was too impatient, first time around. That’s all for here.

Test 32bit

I had previously performed a Client Copy to client 002, see Caboodle – Part 5 – BW Client from NSP. So, in my “BW” system, I chose a Data  Dictionary Table with around 81,878 records (Table DD02L – SAP Tables). Then  proceeded to create the objects necessary for me to be able to write a  query.

  • RSO2 – Create Data Source
  • RSA3 – Test Data Source
  • RSA1 – Replicate Data Source
  • RSA1 – Activate Data Source
  • RSA1 – Create InfoPackage and Load
  • RSA1 – Create InfoObjects and DSO
  • RSA1 – Create DTP and Load
  • BEx Query Designer – Create Query
  • RSRT – Test Query

So, after all of the above, I was finally ready. I started up “Analysis for  Microsoft Excel” 32bit. During this process, there was a good deal of backend  compile activity for the first time, so it took a few minutes.

I started on the “Analysis” tab, then to “Insert”, and “Select Data Source  …”

 

I skipped, as I was going to log directly on to the NSP BW System

 

A choice of Systems. I believe this is from the SAGUI SAPLogon.ini. So it is  arguable that you do not actually need the SAPGUI. Comments welcome.

 

“Next”

I supplied my BW logon credentials

 

I navigated to where my Query was, under “InfoAreas”, then to the  InfoProvider “Tables”, then to the Query “ZTABLES”.

 

“OK”

Only to be presented with the data in Excel, but with a short glimpse of an  error.

 

Double clicked

 

I had a suspicion it was the “Results” field in the Query, of which I  returned to and “suppressed” them. I ran all the same steps again, as  above, and eventually, I could see my Query results.

 

All the way down to row 81,858. Greatly surpassing the once 65k row limit.

 

I played around a little

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Volia!

That pretty much completes this blog, so continue to my next blog, Caboodle – Part 9 – Crystal Reports 2011 & Enterprise Install

To report this post you need to login first.

Be the first to leave a comment

You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.

Leave a Reply