As an online application available worldwide, it’s not surprising that SAP StreamWork is now used by people in dozens of countries. Since its launch, to allow us to make quick improvements that affect a wide audience, we’ve focused on a single language, English. But even though English is used and understood in many places, we know it can make things easier and more intuitive if you experience a solution in a language you’re more comfortable with.
To that end, we’re now beginning to introduce support for additional languages. In the first phase, visible now, we’ve made it possible for you to view many user interface elements in seven new languages:
- Simplified Chinese
To update your language preferences, go to the Settings page:
Choose a new language and click Save:
Many of the user interface elements like buttons and navigation items will now appear in the language you selected:
And when you log back in, you’ll see the same language until you change your settings. In upcoming releases, we’ll continue to translate more elements of SAP StreamWork to help make the experience seamless.
SAP StreamWork is taking a phased approach to translation. Therefore, while SAP StreamWork will primarily be available in the user’s language, not every single element related to their use of SAP StreamWork will be translated. There are plans to address these elements over time.
- On-screen notifications (pop-ups)
- Email notifications
- Administration pages for Administrators of enterprise and professional edition Organizations
- Methods/Tools available from Partners (box.net, Got Decisions, Google Translate, etc)
- Any Activity Method/Tool that is in Flash (RACI, etc)
- Social Graph visualizations available when using Explore/Connect inside of SAP People