With SAP BusinessObjects Supply Chain Performance Management (SCPM) customers have gained insights on their supply chain and have helped to make their supply chain more effective and responsive by focusing on the right process metrics. Companies can track performance, diagnose bottlenecks, and uncover opportunities.
Some of the key business benefits with SCPM 1.0 are:
Supply Chain Insights with Analytics and Performance Management
- Reports, Dashboards and Scorecards and Metrics Management: Customers can not only analyze information using reports, dashboards but also monitor and manager performance using Metrics Management and Scorecards.
- SCPM is more than just metrics (Part 1: Is SCPM all about KPIs/Metrics?): Customers can use impact analysis to understand the impact of related metrics (KPIs) and their relationship with one another between them to make sound business decisions.
Rapid business value realization
- The application is an adoption of the SCOR model) delivers 400+ KPIs that a business can choose from based on their priorities and relevance. These KPIs can be used to monitor, measure and give visibility on your supply chain.
- Customers can pick and choose the pre-delivered content and gain valuable insights with pre-delivered KPIs, Workspaces, Reports and Dashboards with short implementation time. Details on how to transport analytical content from one landscape to another can be found with Note: 1491055 – Transport of SCPM Content
Leverage existing investments
- SCPM BI Content maps to existing extractor in ECC for data extraction. Also, customers can deploy in existing SAP BW landscape. Customers can configure integrations to their transactional applications that lead to insight-to-action. Extractor mapping guide (Extractors used and the field mapping) and KPI mapping document (KPI Overview with extraction and customizing details) can be downloaded from service market place gives required details for extraction.
- Customers can register their BW Queries with the application and create reports, dashboards, scorecards, workspaces that lead to insight-to-action. Hence customers can leverage their existing investments with SAP BW. Details on how to register data sources can be found with Note: 1561331 – SCPM 2.0: Data Source Administration, 1423149 – Data Source Administration
Various customers, partners and consultants of SCPM have provided valuable feedback on numerous business problems that needs to be addressed by the application. This has been the key foundation for new features that have been delivered with SCPM 2.0.
Some of the key business benefits that customers can realize with SCPM 2.0 (apart from the existing SCPM 1.0 business benefits):
Enhanced User Experience
SCPM 2.0 provides an enhanced user experience when compared with SCPM 1.0 although both the versions are based on Flex and are intuitive to enable business users to derive value from the application with very little training. Content Management, Sharing of and Searching for Content, Home Page with status updates, and quick access to content are some of the key features that make SCPM 2.0 user friendly.
Rapid business value realization
In SCPM 2.0 there is an increased on focus on Inventory KPIs, Vendor Quality related KPIs and business function based workspaces (procurement, customer order management, finance, inventory management, manufacturing and logistics & transport management).
Customers can pick and choose the pre-delivered content and gain valuable insights with pre-delivered KPIs, Workspaces, Reports and Dashboards with short implementation time. Details on how to pick and choose pre-delivered content and transport analytical content from one landscape to another can be found with Note: 1562106 – SCPM 2.0: Transport Analytical Content.
Customers and Partners can load sample data into the SCPM data model for proof of concept (POC) or to demo the application. Details on the sample data and how to load the sample data into the SCPM data model can be found with Note: 1558947 – SCPM 2.0: Loading Demo Data into SCPM.
Extending beyond Performance Management
- SCPM more than just metrics (Part 2: Is SCPM all about analyzing the past?) Understand and evaluate the impact of supply chain variables / causal parameters on supply chain KPIs
- SCPM more than just metrics (Part 3: Is SCPM all about strategy, performance, what-if or analysis?) Strategy to action. Allows users in the problem resolution process by creating various supply chain improvement initiatives, assigning owners, assigning activities to various stake holders and monitoring the developments.
- SCPM more than just metrics (Part 4: Is SCPM all about strategy to action? What about risks?) Monitor and manage supply chain performance metrics and risks. Analyze and mitigate supply chain risk
Enhanced other application features
- Scorecards that support multiple fiscal variants: Customers can not only run the scorecards based on the default fiscal variant but also change the fiscal variant and run the scorecard. In SCPM 1.0 the fiscal variant was a static selection that cannot be changed
- Granular Authorizations Customers can control access to features and function using authorizations. For more details refer to Note: 1556649 – SCPM 2.0: User Roles and Authorizations in detail
- Print to PDF for reports, dashboards, scorecards, what-if-scenarios, briefing books: Customers can distribute offline copiesof their performance, insights with others in the organization.
- Xcelsius Integration: Customers can embed Xcelsius based dashboards into the application.