In the gadget-obsessed developed world, the centre of gravity for all the BI users has shifted in the “Mobile BI” market.
Typically any Business user expects or would love to have the following features while they access reports on their mobile device.
- Easy to Navigate
- Just few clicks and data is readily available
- Great Interactivity
And an IT user would expect:
- Ease of maintenance and deployment
- Integration with BI Platform
Believe me, SAP BusinessObjects Mobile does the magic by satisfying both the Business Users and IT Users.
Below is the List of Supported Platforms for SAP BusinessObjects Mobile:
Blackberry OS v4.1, v4.2, v4.3, v4.5 and v4.6
Symbian Series-60 3rd Edition
Symbian UIQ v3
Windows Mobile v5.0 with .Net Compact Framework v2.0 or above
Windows Mobile v6.0 and v6.1
What to expect from SAP BusinessObjects Mobile:
- Can access Crystal Reports (View Only)
- Can access WEBI Reports
- It gives you the ability to Drilldown to Reports
- You can even write back the data
- You can respond directly, i.e. to email, SMS etc.
- It can create some Gauge Analytics. (mobile)
- Interact with stunning new visualizations. (iPad)
- Users can login with LDAP, Enterprise and SAP Authentication.
- Work seamlessly while connected or disconnected.
- Share insights instantly with others.
- You can set alerts and Push documents to the business users.
- You can send document url by email.
- It supports “Track Data Changes” for WEBI.
What NOT to expect from SAP BusinessObjects Mobile at this point of time: (I am sure SAP would do the magic in future release)
- It cannot access SAPBusinessObjects Dashboards (Xcelsius), however you can access SAP Dashboards from a BlackBerry PlayBook using a different app.
- It does not support iPhone yet.
- It does not have the flexibility to interact with the Crystal reports.
Happy Learning 🙂