Skip to Content

Last week I was testing some ArchiveLink functionalities in my test system, but they were not working as expected. I found that some of the documents I use for my test scenario were missing. Since this is a shared testing system, I was wondering who deleted my test documents. The easiest way to find the answer was by using the ArchiveLink Logging function.

I first checked that the logging function was active in OAG1. Luckily the flag was set:

 

 image

 

The next step was to check if the log was correctly customized to track changes to my test documents. Transaction OALOGCUST showed me that BKPF, the business object that I always use for my testing, was being logged for deletion of links:

 

 image

 

So, I was ready to dive into the log to find what happened to my documents. I used transaction OA_LOG_VIEW_DOC restricting my search by function D (delete) and by business object BKPF:

 

image

 

I executed the report to find that the user who deleted my documents was:

 

image 

Then I closed my sessions ashamed of finding out that I deleted them myself some time ago, and I didn’t remember. Good thing is that the ArchiveLink Log was there to remind me.

I wrote a wiki page explaining the features of the ArchiveLink Logging functionality. Here is the link: How to log document access in ArchiveLink

To report this post you need to login first.

3 Comments

You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.

Leave a Reply