How to quickly find documentation for the SAP BusinessObjects portfolio
There are two ways to find documentation for SAP solutions.
- SAP Help Portal – to search just for SAP documentation
- SAP Support Portal (via SAP xSearch) – to search for SAP documentation along with other information posted on SAP Support, SAP Community Network (SCN), or SAP Consulting Services.
I. SAP Help Portal
The SAP Help Portal (http://help.sap.com/ ) is a central location to find all SAP BusinessObjects documentation. Some documentation is physically stored in the SAP Help Portal, which does not require a login to access, whereas other documentation is stored in the SAP Support Portal, which does require a login to access. Regardless of where the SAP BusinessObjects documentation is actually stored, you can search for it via the SAP Help Portal.
Within the SAP Help Portal (http://help.sap.com/), there are 2 main ways to find documentation:
1) Browse site by product area for the latest release documentation:
- Go to the “SAP BusinessObjects” tab, then the “Overview” sub-tab
- Use the left navigation panel to browse the web pages by product area to see the documentation for the latest releases primarily.
2) Search for documentation for any product and any version in the “SAP BusinessObjects Solution Portfolio Knowledge Center”.
- To find this search area: from the “SAP BusinessObjects” tab in the SAP Help Portal, click on the “All Products” sub-tab.
- Some examples of the key release naming conventions to narrow search filter on are as follows:
- SAP BusinessObjects 4.0
- BusinessObjects XI 3.1 Service Pack 3
- BusinessObjects Enterprise 6.5
I. SAP Support Portal (via SAP xSearch)
Within the SAP Support Portal (service.sap.com/support), the SAP xSearch tool is a powerful way to search through all content available in SAP Support, SAP Documentation, SAP Community Network, and SAP Consulting Services.
In the Support Portal, go to the “Help & Support” tab, then the “SAP xSearch” sub-tab.
Be sure to leverage the “Advanced search options” to better focus your results.