Yesterday, we announced SAP Crystal Server 2011. This is the successor product to SAP Crystal Reports Server 2008, and is based on the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.0.
We’re updating it to be a complete, entry-level BI solution by adding SAP BusinessObjects Explorer to the already long list of BI solutions included with this product.
The major new features of this release include:
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer for end-user driven search and exploration.
- Completely new hierarchically aware and multi-source semantic layer including the new Information Design Tool which is use to author Universes.
- Lifecycle management to promote reports, dashboards, and other objects from dev to test to production systems.
- New systems monitoring and managment including a monitoring dashboard and a JMX interface for monitoring probes.
- Enhanced integration for Microsoft Sharepoint allows BI consumption to be deeply integrated into Sharepoint.
- Multilingual reports and dashboards. Now a single report or dashboard can be rendered in multiple languages thanks to integration with the included Translation Manager utility.
- Next generation Crystal Reports. Crystal Reports for enterprise is a version of Crystal Reports that’s only included with our server products. It’s optimized for data access from a Universe semantic layer and features improved usability, simpler Universe based data access, and a modernized look and feel.
Also included with SAP Crystal Server 2011 are:
- Java API
- .NET API
- Live Office client
- BI Workspace for creating composite dashboards of multiple individual reports and dashboards
- Business View Manager to ensure compatibility with existing SAP Crystal Reports Server content
- Data Federation Administration tool to setup and manage multiple data sources to be consumed by the Universe semantic layer
- Integration with SAP Crystal Reports 2011 and SAP Crystal Dashboard Design 2011.
So given all this new capability, you would think we’re increasing prices.
But we’re not.
SAP Crystal Server continues to be one of the best values in Business Intelligence today. Pricing starts at 5 named users for $2,495 US.
Once you get started with Crystal Server, all the content you create can be migrated into to other products based on the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform like SAP BusinessObjects Edge BI, or the SAP BusinessObjects BI Package.
The product will be available for trial and purchase in July 2011. Customers of SAP Crystal Reports Server with a current support agreement will receive and upgrade to SAP Crystal Server 2011 for free.
Check out the screen shots below of various components of the product:
Smart Guidelines in SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise (above)
The Query Panel in SAP Crystal Reports for enterprise (above)
Reviewing joins in the Information Design Tool (above)
SAP BusinessObjects Explorer is designed for business users to self-serve answers to their own business questions (above)
BI Launchpad is an upgraded and renamed version of the old InfoView portal.