For scenario 2 the main thing is to be able to create multiple postage statements with different mailing dates.
There are a couple of ways to accomplish this task….
The easiest way using Postalsoft Business Edition or Professional Presort – setup multiple entry points. In each entry point set a different mailing date.
Submit this to PostalOne! and you are all set.
If you are using Postalsoft Business Edition and DO NOT have the dropship/pallet option you won’t be able to setup multiple entry points. So this will require you to go about this a little differently…..
Presort your job with one entry point and create the mail.dat file set. Import your mail.dat files into Postal File Preparation Tool. If you don’t have PostalFile Preparation Tool (PostPrep) you will need to use some other kind of mail.dat editor or manually edit your mail.dat files.
Using Postal File Prep –
1. After you presort in Business Edition and create the mail.dat files, import into Postal File Prep
2. Go to Edit | Truck Load Editing – click Select All, then OK You most likely will see one drop with multiple containers
3. Where it says Containers on this drop, select one or more of the containers and click Remove From Drop
4. In the upper part of the window it will add lines for each container you remove from the drop. You will need to assign a truck number to each line 1, 2, 3, and so on
5. Click OK
6. Go into Tools | PostalOne! – you should now see multiple drops where you can change the postage statement mailing date and create a new date for each “truck”. Once you export to P1 you should get multiple postage statements with different dates.
Finish exporting through the PostalOne! wizard and this should allow you to upload and pass scenario 2!