There are only a few ways to enter an SAP system as an end user. Once in, there are a plethora of ways to get out. I’ll discuss some of them…
First let’s assume we’re at our SAP Easy Access menu. I’ll assume we’re fairly current and we’re using SAP Logon 720.
The obvious ways out are:
- Use the big blue X in the top right hand corner.
- Use the funny icon in the top left corner and select Close
- Use ALT+F4
- We can use the Yellow up arrow icon in the main icon bar
- Or Shift-F3
- Under the “System” menu, we find “Log off”
- And also, “End session”
OK, now a few more in the command box in the top left corner:
- /nex – be careful here, there’s no prompting
That’s 10 and we’re still not finished. The rest are not at all recommended:
- Use your Windows task manager to kill any “SAPlogon.exe” processes
- Pull out your network cable
- Pull out your power cord (not applicable for laptops!)
Even more extreme:
- Shut down your SAP system
Or you can wait for the sytem to log you off because you have been thinking for too long about other ways to logoff..