A must read book on BPM
Ask anyone what is the goal of Business Process Management (BPM) and chances are you would get a fairly consistent answer: To improve business processes. However once you start delving deeper the differences very quickly emerge from what are the best approaches, the starting points, methodologies, and types of technologies. As a product marketer for a pure-play middleware vendor, my first encounter with BPM was seen as a next logical step to drive process improvement topic from an IT discussion into the business domain. The last few years my experience with BPM has led to the realization that within SAP centric IT environments, depending on the organizations process maturity the conversations is either centered around implementing SAP applications such as ERP, CRM, SCM or developing model-driven processes to streamline processes to reduce manual efforts, increase flexibility, usability or driving continuous process improvement. As BPM becomes mainstream so too the demand from BPM practitioners for a comprehensive guide to ensure successful process improvement efforts.
I have had the privilege of being part of the latest SAP press book titled “Applying Real-World BPM in an SAP Environment” which provides the necessary insight of how to apply BPM with SAP projects. The book is structured into four parts that make it easy for the reader to quickly navigate the various perspectives of BPM. The major highlights from each part are:
- Part 1: How to identify, create and realize value
- Part 2: Real-world implementations from SAP customers
- Part 3: How SAP can help you implement your BPM projects
- Part 4: Presents a glimpse into future as BPM moves beyond the realm of structured processes
What makes this book truly unique is that this book is the culmination of insights from experts who are passionate about the value of BPM in today’s dynamic business environments. Interested and want to know more, then:
- Explore the reading sample which provides the detailed content that is covered and sneak pre-view into the book
- Join the webinars series where you have the opportunity to hear and interact with the authors on SAP Developer Community
I hope that this book provides not only the inspiration but also the necessary know-how to get started with your BPM journey.