I’ll keep it short on my side but I’d certainly like to open the floor to the community to hear their thoughts.
On the GOOD side (Highlights):
- SAP delivered once again some great talent to talk with. I had some very good discussions on the areas that I was interested in at this show (SAP EI, SAP II, SAP RDS and SAP TM) You get few opportunities to meet with the guys and gals that you email with / talk with on a regular basis. I appreciate their eforts to come out and meet up with their counterparts / experts in the field
- The logisitcs of the conference went without any major mishaps. Kudos to the organizers. The chicken pot pie for lunch on Monday was the bomb!
- The usability sessions… Under NDA so that’ all I can say 😉
- The HCL party at the “Howl at the Moon” – Say no more….
On the not so good side (Lowlights):
- Software vendors that won’t give the time of day to other vendors who are system integrators – Very curious as to why this is…
- Roundtable sessions were too small – not enough seating and difficult to hear the conversations
- The opening Keynote… Too cliche and just going nowhere. Also could be perceived to have been a little too confrontational with the whole H1B incident (and that’s coming from a previous H1B holder, in me)
- Chris Solomon wasn’t there… Dude, Howl at the Moon was calling your name… 😉
Didn’t find too much on the bad side. I thought it was a very productive conference but I guess the old saying holds true… “You get what you put in to it”.
Disclaimer: These thoughts are my own and in no way reflect the views of my company or any other …. 😉
Now for the good part, what did you think of it and what were your high / lowlights???