Receiver generation data object allows administrator to create / update / delete device information using data available in the backend. With Gateway1.1 to SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1, this will reduce the initial rollout time of the devices because data will be calculated and kept ready for the device before device subscribes with SUP / DOE server.
Read following article to know the details of device creation in DOE through receiver generation: Device creation through receiver generation
With Gateway1.1 of SAP NetWeaver mobile 7.1, you need to set following attributes.
Modeling Receiver Generation Object:
1. Root node should contain following attributes:
- Device Name which should be mapped to NAME attribute of RMM.
- Enabled property should be mapped to ENABLED attribute of RMM.
- Any other single valued custom attributes relevant to the business scenario.
2. Child node should hold the ESDMA name.
- ESDMA Name and Version should be mapped to MCDNAME_VERSION attribute of RMM. Value should be provided as follows:
- Let’s suppose ESDMA Name: EXAMPLE_ESDMA and ESDMA Version: DOE001
In this case, value will be EXAMPLE_ESDMA|DOE001
ESDMA name concatenated with pipe (|) character concatenated with ESDMA version
3. Another Child node which should hold the User assignment to the device.
- UserId should be mapped to USER attribute of RMM.
4. Model can have other child nodes which hold business relevant data.
1. Goto SDOE_PARAM transaction
2. Select Parameter Key: DOE_CONNECTOR
3. Double click on Parameter Names
4. Select Parameter name: CREATE_DEVICE
5. Double click on Parameter Keys
6. Go to Change mode.
7. Set the Text Value to blank
Download Data for Receiver Generation Object:
Data can be downloaded from SDOE_LOAD transaction which will create device automatically with the users assigned to the device.
How it works:
1. Logical device will be created in DOE when the data download happens for receiver generation object. Data is calculated based on the distribution pattern which is assigned to the device.
2. Device sends Subscription (First time login to the application by providing user credentials) to SUP server
3. SUP server forwards the same to DOE server.
4. DOE checks if there is a logical device available for the user and will assign the logical device to the subscription.
- Sends the logical device information to the SUP server
- Distribute the data which is already calculated in step 1.
5. If not, logical device will be created.
- Assign the ESDMA, User information to the device.
- Send the logical device information to the SUP server
- Calculate the data for device.
- Distribute the data which is calculated.
With this approach, data calculation time for the device will be decoupled with device subscription.