Guided Self Services: Benefit from SAP expert knowledge and use it whenever you want!
The SAP support organization gains its knowledge out of day-to-day interaction with you, our customers. Based on this we continuously improve and evolve our support offerings. This expertise gets fully unlocked within SAP Enterprise Support. Today I’d like to share with you one example: Guided Self Services. Our expertise is engineered into these services that allow you to take advantage – whenever you want, independent of the availability of an SAP expert.
What are Guided Self-Services? These are services which you can perform by your own. The execution is fully automated or at least guided by a step-by-step procedure through all the activities. The methodology is proven by thousands of service deliveries for customers SAP installations.
How are they delivered? Guided Self-Services are available through SAP Solution Manager. You will find it in the work center ‘SAP Engagement and Service Delivery’. Within this work you can make your choice out of a list of available services.
After you have chosen one of the listed service, for example the ‘Guided SQL Tuning session’, select ‘Create’. To start the service procedure mark the row in ‘Service’ section and click on the link in tab ‘Sessions’.
Are there any prerequisites?
- Expand the work center setup in your SAP Solution Manager by implementation of SAP Note 1492013
- After using transaction snote the effort for table maintenance will take about 30 minutes
- In general SolMan 7.0 SP23 or higher is recommended – a subset of Guided Self Services is available as of SP18. For details see EGI registration in the SAP Service Marketplace. The technical prerequisites for each session is indicated if you start to register for a specific EGI.
The following Guided-Self-Services are available for you:
- Business Process Analysis provides insight and facts about core business processes
- Data Volume Management provides full control of cost effect associated to storage and related system management
- Security Optimization Service verifies critical security properties, identify security issues and benefit from recommendations on how to improve the security
- SQL Statement Tuning supports you to optimize your database performance
- Transport Execution Analysis provides recommendations on how to improve quality, reliability, and throughput of your transport process
- EarlyWatch Alert (for SAP ERP) provides the ability to monitor different SAP components
- EarlyWatch Alert (for SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise) provides the ability to monitor different SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise (BOE) components to analyze workload, detect potential performance bottlenecks and identify wrong configuration settings
In my next blog I will show you one example of our guided self-services step-by-step…
Find out more within the SAP Service Marketplace/Enterprisesupport -> SAP Enterprise Support Academy including detailed descriptions and demos.