I assume you are all familiar with our new portal add-on – SAP NetWeaver Portal, enterprise workspaces, which enables each and every end user using the SAP NetWeaver Portal to create and share his own pages in an extremely easy and intuitive drag & drop approach.
In various SAP labs sites around the world, we are planning, these days, the next release of Enterprise Workspaces. This new release is planned to include plenty of new capabilities. Today, I would like to share with you few of the highlights of this new release.
A partial list of the planned new capabilites of the next release are:
- SAP Business Objects and Business Intelligence generic modules
- Direct consumption of portal iViews, Web Page Composer snippets and Knowledge Management assets (documents, HTML files, images, etc.) into Enterprise Workspaces module gallery
- Enhanced end user flexibility:
- Module height adjustment in a drag & drop approach (i.e. with the mouse)
- Maximize the module size to catch the full page size
- Categorization of workspaces and faceted search in the workspace directory
- Integration of workspaces and workspaces’ content to TREX search
- Define quota (i.e. maximum size) of content stored in a specific workspace
- Time based publishing of modules
- Finally, we have added plenty of additional public API’s to enable our customers to customize Enterprise Workspaces and develop add-on solutions for the product
This was a short insight for the planned new capabilities; with the upcoming blogs I will highlight more capabilities with more details.
As always, please comment bellow an I will do my best to answer quickly. Looking forward to working with you in our upcomming ramp-up program.