EPM RIG BPC NW Elite Partner Training – Encore May 2-13, Palo Alto
Due to the overwhelming success of the BPC Elite Partner Training in January 2011 in Palo Alto (see EPM RIG BPC 7.5 NW Elite Partner Training) and in February in Shanghai, we hosted another BPC Elite Partner Training May 2-13, 2011 in Palo Alto. PCM Elite followed June 20-24, 2011 (see end of this blog for details).
The exercises were be run on BPC 7.5 NW in the Amazon Cloud and we dove deep into what’s new BPC 10.0 NW and MS as well as HANA in the second week after BPC 10.0 was launched into ramp-up on May 10, 2011.
The replay of the launch is at http://www.sapphirenow.com/sessiondetails.aspx?sId=17&replay=yes
Register at http://www.sapandasug.com/virtual/
We also gave a quick overview of Strategy Management, Spend Analytics / Spend Performance Mangement and Financial Excellence in the context of BPC usecases. See more details about an upcoming Elite enablement session on these topics below.
The content of the Encore of BPC Elite was similar to the first training:
- Hands-on walk thru of the BPC 7.5 NW key features (such as Xcelsius integration, automated BW data loads, new Business Process Flows)
- BW Concepts and data integration hands-on
- EPM Roadmap and HANA outlook
- An overview of SAP ERP Data in the context of BPC
- EVDRE Best Practices
- Transports and Lifecycle Management
- EPM Resources and Escalation Process
- Performance Tuning
- Consolidations (Logic Setup, Dynamic Hierarchy Editor, Consolidations rules and methods)
- ABAP and Technical Programs
- BPC Data Manager
- Project Planning and Risk Management
- Script Logic
- Final Exam
- What’s new in BPC 10.0 MS and NW
In addition to that we had a live video conference with the SAP BPC development team in Shanghai.
Below are some of the statistics and comments about the first run of BPC Elite in January.
- 48 Participants representing 15 Firms (including SAP field services/IMS/AGS). Some folks traveled from as far as Singapore and New Zealand to attend
- Over 120yrs of BPC experience in the room
- 10 days of training covering everything from server tuning to implementation best practices
- 11 Subject Matter Experts presented during the 10 days
- Guest speakers: Sanjay Poonen, Anthony Reynolds, Prakash Darji, Bryan Katis, Ranga TK, Kurt Bilafer…
- 60 BPC 7.5 NW instances running in the cloud – FIRST TIME EVER!
- 48 iPads used to display exercises (in lieu of printing 50,000 pages of exercises)
Here are a few quotes from the end of training survey question: ‘In one sentence describe your experience during the Elite Partner Training’
“2 weeks time well spent! The best SAP training I’ve attended in my 13 years with SAP consulting.”
“Excellent, there is a lot of info I can share with my team to help us support our customers.”
“I thought the Elite Partner Training was highly innovative and informative.”
“Only need one word…fantastic.”
“Unbelievable amount of information and worth every minute.”
For more information and feedback from the Profitability and Cost Management PCM 10.0 Elite Partner Enablement and check out this blog: Profitability and Cost Management (PCM) 10.0 Elite Partner Enablement in Palo Alto, June 20-24, 2011.
Also SAPinsider is hosting a 3 day BPC seminar in Chicago, Orlando, Amsterdam, Las Vegas and Philadelphia for customers and partners. For details check out www.bpcbootcamp.com and SAPinsider BPC bootcamp in Chicago, Orlando, Amsterdam, Las Vegas and Philadelphia
What other Elite enablement is coming up?
BPC Elite is coming to Europe as well – Aug 1-5, 2011, see here for details BPC Elite is coming to Europe – Aug 1-5, 2011 in Walldorf
An Operational Performance Management SAP BusinessObjects Operational Performance Management Elite Enablement – Spend 3.0, Supply Chain 2.0, Data Enrichment 1.0 – Sep 26-30, 2011, Palo Alto training is planned on September 26-30, 2011 for customers and partners interested in Spend Analytics (SPM), Supply Chain Performance Management (SCPM) and Data Enrichment & Classification (DEC). Register here. Contact Henner.Schliebs@sap.com for details.
A BPC 10.0 NW MEGA Elite Enablement for over 100 Customers and Partners, Nov 14-18, 2011 in Philadelphia training completely on BPC 10.0 NW is planned for Nov 14-18, 2011 in Philadelphia. For the first time this will be open for over 100 customers and partners to go hands-on and dive deep into BPC 10.0 NW. Register here. Contact email@example.com for details and follow us on Twitter at #BPCElite or directly @SAPEPMRIG and @jenskoerner
Check out the feedback about first BPC Elite Partner sessions at EPM RIG BPC NW Elite Partner Training – Encore May 2-13, Palo Alto
Also SAPinsider is hosting a 3 day BPC bootcamp seminar in Chicago, Orlando, Amsterdam, Las Vegas and Philadelphia for customers and partners. For details check out www.bpcbootcamp.com and SAPinsider BPC bootcamp in Chicago, Orlando, Amsterdam, Las Vegas and Philadelphia
To get step-by-step instructions for how to integrate PCM with BPC check out the following RIG how-to guide:
Jens Koerner, SAP EPM RIG