Jim DeLoach has been a pioneer and thought leader in risk management for a long time, including a successful bookand a role in the development of COSO’s ERM Framework. (He is also a good friend, whose opinion I value and respect).
Protiviti’s latest Bulletin,Risk Management: A Look Back and a Look Forward, contains more of Jim’s thoughtful commentary.
For example, he points out:
- The trend to integrate risk management into business processes
- The need to integrate risk and strategy
- The value of integrating risk and performance management
- Why organizations need to address risk across the extended enterprise
- The imperative to use technology to monitor risk indicators to provide timely, current, and reliable risk information to run the business
An interesting point relates to the measurement of ERM value. Have you made progress on this? Surely, it is not just about avoiding missteps – it’s also, and perhaps more so, about making better decisions and optimizing performance.
I welcome your views. Do you agree with Jim’s crystal ball?
Have you explored the value of SAP’s solution for ERM, including the SAP BusinessObjects Risk Management solution – and how you can leverage the power of integrated BI for continuous risk monitoring?