Unleash the combined Power of SAP NetWeaver MDM & SAP BusinessObjects Data Services
What is an SAP Rapid-Deployment Solution?
With this Rapid Deployment Solution SAP brings together software and services in a new offering that provides essential MDM and Data Services functionality quickly and affordably.The bundle involves the required software for the given business scenario, preconfigured business content and predefined services to ensure a rapid deployment and implementation in only a couple of weeks.
Introduction to the RDS for CDI:
Companies suffering from sub-optimal customer relationships can now benefit from the SAP NetWeaver MDM Rapid-Deployment Solution (RDS) for customer data integration (CDI). This package includes SAP software, predefined services, and pre-configured content enabling one single view of customer information. The package helps companies to consolidate and harmonize customer data from heterogeneous systems into one single version of the truth.
Key Scenarios included:
- Customer Data Consolidation
- Collaborative Customer Data Correction
- Global Duplicate Check against Central Customer Hub
Overview of Scenario 1 – Customer Data Consolidation
In this key process, the RDS helps you with the following steps:
- Extract data from SAP and non SAP systems using SAP BusinessObjects Data Services
- Increase the master data quality through certain cleansing steps, e.g. address cleansing against address directories
- Match data against each other to identify potential duplicates
- Validate against predefined data quality metrics and collect statistical information to ensure subsequent monitoring and data corrections
- Load data into the central customer master data repository based on SAP NetWeaver MDM
In the following:
- A data steward interactively merges the data in MDM
- SAP NetWeaver MDM keeps the golden record and provides the key mapping information
- Afterwards this data can also be syndicated to connected remote systems
Overview of Scenario 2 – Collaborative Customer Data Correction
In this key process, data that is already present in the customer master data hub is validated and any inconsistencies are flagged for correction. A line of business owner makes the required corrections and the data steward then approves to finalize the record in the central hub. All these activities are orchestrated by a SAP NetWeaver Business Process Management (BPM) workflow. Such a process can be triggered on a periodical basis.
Overview of Scenario 3 – Global Duplicate Check against Central Customer Hub
In this process, when a new record (contact, person) is to be added to an SAP CRM system, it is matched against the records in the CRM system (local check) and against the records in the MDM hub (global check). If matches are identified, the user is notified of matching records, preventing duplicates from being created. Furthermore the user has the possibility to reuse and enhance the golden record information with local data.
The main technical components involved are:
- SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Data Services XI 3.2
- SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.2 (BPM)
- SAP BusinessObjects Data Quality Management for SAP CRM
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards
See also the blog on the latest SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 Benefit Now From Support Package 6 for SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1.