Skip to Content

CRM Datasource extraction issues, data not extracting, extraction is very slow.

 

 In my current project we were extracting data from CRM System for data sources like 0CRM_SRV_PROCESS_I, 0CRM_SRV_PROCESS_H etc. As far as my knowledge concerned we don’t have setup tables in CRM System. So it’s more of a Finance Type extraction. Everything was working fine in Development system but when we transported our data sources to QA system it was not fetching any data to BI System that was one problem and the other issue was that once our datasources started extracting data the extraction was extremely slow.

Since we need not to fill setup tables we have to extract data directly, so do I started my loads for Datasources 0CRM_SRV_PROCESS_I, 0CRM_SRV_PROCESS_H but I end up with having 0 records in QA System where in all things work fine in Development environment, I tried full load as well, checked data in base tables, re-transported the entire datasources again n again but its all waste as the output was still zero. So there was something more to that than just checking data in tables or re-transporting the datasources in QA which stopping me to extract data in BI System. Now this is where my analysis started….. SDN, Google and Friends I approached everyone who has done some work in CRM. But it takes lot of time, energy & client escalations as well to reach to exact problem and this is how we gain experience.

Now I am sharing my experience on what checks we have to made in such cases where standard datasources does not extract data at all without enhancement’s and the cases where data extractions are very slow after enhancement.

I. STANDARD DATASOURCE NOT EXTRACTING DATA FROM CRM SYSTEM IN QA:

 There are tables in CRM System which stores data about the datasource:

SMOXHEAD- Control Table: BW Adapter 002, SMOXHEAD_S – Shadow Table for Table smoxhead,

These are the tables which stores the Datasource type, Delta status, Selection field function module, mapping function module etc.

In our case this table was somehow not having the entry for the datasource 0CRM_SRV_PROCESS_I & H in our QA system.

This was the very basic reason why we were not able to extract the data in QA system but same was possible in DEV. Now this might seems to be very simple reason but it took lot of time n effort to know that 🙂

The other things we can check for is that datasource should be checked in TCODE BWA5.

 

Now let’s move on the issue

II. DATA Extraction is very slow after enhancement:

Below are points which one needs to keep in mind while writing enhancement code in CRM for the custom fields in datasource:

i) Avoid select statements in loop,

ii) Minimize the use of nested select statements & use for all entries statement instead

iii) During calling of the function module CRM_ORDER_READ(based on requirement) add the below mentioned code to clear the buffer:

CALL FUNCTION ‘CRM_ORDER_READ’

IMPORTING =

EXPORTING = .

*******START OF BUFFER CLEAR********

CALL FUNCTION ‘CRM_ORDER_INITIALIZE’

EXPORTING

iv_initialize_whole_buffer = ‘X’

EXCEPTIONS

error_occurred = 1

OTHERS = 2.

CALL FUNCTION ‘PRC_INIT’.

CALL FUNCTION ‘BREL_INIT_BUFFER’.

CALL FUNCTION ‘REL_INIT_BUFFER’.

*******END OF BUFFER CLEAR********

 iv)Since in CRM System everything be it Service order, confirmation etc is business type driven i.e. everything is differentiated on the basis of business type, for e.g. business type ‘BUS2000116’ defines a service order. In TCODE BWA1 please check that you have the relevant business type selected in tab ‘Selection Conditions’, we may have some additional business type’s also mentioned of which data may not be required (purely requirement based) so we can remove those business type which improves the data extraction process a lot as it has to only extract particular business type data now.

v) There are couples of notes also which deals with these issues, which can be implemented in the system to make the extraction faster:

1.  SAP Note 1330249 – Performance 0CRM_SRV_PROCESS_H

2.  SAP Note 508008 – Extractor; GUID selection: changing from LDB to rep. framew.

3.  SAP Note 520846 – 1O-Extractor: Ranges for the partner fields does not work

4.  SAP Note 521299 – 1O extractor: Extraction from CRM to BW is too slow

5.  SAP Note 535306 – One order selection module: selection after CREATED_AT

6.  SAP Note 564334 – One-Order extraction: Orgnztnl objects as selection fields

7.  SAP Note 572695 – BW, initialization of internal table during initial upload

8.  SAP Note 590557 – BW, termination with initial load of business transactions

9.  SAP Note 593659 – BW, termination of initial area load SALES, conditions

10.SAP Note 595416 – One-Order: selection by CREATED_AT for single value

11.SAP Note 634880 – BW extraction: Missing records during selectn by CREATED_AT

12.SAP Note 639072 – CRM/BW parallel proc. for extracting business transactions

13.SAP Note 653645 – Composite SAP Note performance

14.SAP Note 1122666 – RFW:Parameters maintanence in smofparsfa for performance

 vi)  The performance could be slow because of the wrong control parameters used for packaging in InfoPackage while extracting data from CRM System:

  • Change the package size for the data extraction.

Infopackage (scheduler) > Menu ‘Scheduler’ > ‘DataS. default data transfer’ > maintain the value as 1500 or 1000 or 500 (This value is variable)

 

These are solutions which I did in my project in order to achieve my stated problems and now they are successfully running. I hope it helps a lot of peoples who are also dealing with the similar problems.

 

Thanks 

To report this post you need to login first.

Be the first to leave a comment

You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.

Leave a Reply