Problem: No Connection to SAP CPS by Redwood:
An analysis reveals that your Business Automation Enabler (BAE) connection is not working, but the SAP Solution Manager integration is based on the BAE API.
Please follow the steps described in SAP note 1265635
to setup the BAE connection between SAP CPS and SAP Solution Manager. This description is valid for SAP CPS releases lower than M33.
You don’t have to create any RFC destination to SAP CPS in the Solution Manager system, because SAP CPS creates the destination automatically if the parameter SAP_EableRfcDestination is set to True.
The XBP communication user in SAP Solution Manager also needs the role
SAP_BC_REDWOOD_COMMUNICATION (if not already assigned).
If everything is correctly setup the tests of transaction EXTSDL should not longer
lead to error messages.
Typical errors are:
- User misses BAE authorizations either in the SAP CPS system or BAE system (i.e. SAP Solution Manager system).
- If the BAE connection between SAP CPS and Solution Manager breaks after a while, restarting the process server in SAP CPS will reestablish the connection
- Please report any issues with the BAE connection to component XX-PART-REDWOOD-CPS.
Problem: You can no longer select systems in a Job Request in your SAP
Solution Manager system.
This is a configuration issue. The relevant Implementation Guide (IMG) activities are:
- Start transaction SPRO
- Navigate to (Please note the path can be different for different support packages)
- -> SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide
- -> SAP Solution Manager
- -> Cross-Scenario Settings
- -> Business Partners (BP must be assigned to user (via role employee) and to managed systems (via external system identifiers) ) and
- -> IBase (there must be an IBase component for the managed system)
If the field Business Partner in the Job Request header area is empty your SAP user is not assigned to a Business Partner.
- Start transaction BP
- Create or open your business partner as described in the IMG activity “Create Key User”
- Change to Edit mode
- Select business partner role “Employee” (technical key BUP0003)
- Switch to tab “Identification”
- Enter your user into field “User Name” in section “Employee Data”
- Save your business partner
- Open a new Job Request and you should see your business partner number
in the header area
If the value help for systems in the Job Request is empty your business partner is not assigned to any managed system.
The value help for systems get its data from the tab “Indentification”
of role “General”. You use the External System Identifier (technical key CRM001) to assign (users in) managed systems to key users in SAP Solution Manager.
Solution: Follow the descriptions in IMG activity “Create key User”.
In “ASCII art”:
Role Employee External System Identifier
User ———————— BP —————————————- Managed