Recently I re-started working in Warehouse management, unlike interfaces, picking lists and WM Bin status reports, which I did 2 years ago. It’s a RF Mobile data entry program, developed for 16 X 20 Screen (small screen) to fit into hand held RF Guns.
What this program does
- Pick, partial quantity from a Handling Unit (say source HU), ensure the remaining quantity still exists in the old HU (in Source HU), and old HU remains in warehouse after PGI of outbound delivery.
- Pick stock from multiple Handling Units, having different batches against ONE line item of outbound delivery. Multiple Line items can be picked against multiple HU’s having multiple batches.
- Does unpicking, when user decides not to pick the quantity from a specific HU for a specific line item. (Only before confirmation)
- Pack all Handling Units finally into a new HU, packaging material chosen by user.
- User processes the line item of outbound delivery and does partial picking from multiple HU’s with partial / full quantities – Stores the Delivery line item, Source HU, its details (Storage type, storage section, Bin, picked Quantity) in internal table I_HUS.
- Once decided to ‘Pack’ – It creates one single TO with all Source Storage Units as the Handling Units.
- User can change the packing material for the final HU.
- Automaic Confirmation of transfer Order in back ground.
I decided not to explain the screens, its normal module pool programming with standard validations for each data entry and normally customer specific.
- TO Creation: L_TO_CREATE_DN
- TO Packing: L_TO_PICKHU_ASSIGN
- TO Confirmation: L_TO_CONFIRM
Finally, L_TO_PICKHU_ASSIGN, when we pack the TO using this FM, it will generate the new (final) HU. The above requirement can be fit into 2 simple screens so that the mobile data entry is simple.
Reference – Mobile Data Entry