Blogs about the Enhanced Material Search:
- Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 1: Overview, Enrichment of Search Results with Prices and Stock Availability
- Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 2: Catalog Search for Supplier Products
- Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 3: How to further enhance the Enhanced Material Search capabilities to my business?
- Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 4: How to create new Search Criteria w/o modification
- Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 5: Major improvements in Enhancement Package 5
In ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 2 SAP has provided the Enhanced Material Search in the Sales Order, Quotation and Inquiry (see Enhanced Material Search with Creation – Part 1: Overview, Enrichment of Search Results with Prices and Stock Availability). The Enhanced Material Search provides a great alternative to the classic material search in ERP Sales Order, offering full text search capabilities for materials and supplier catalog products (without material number), plus on-the-fly Creation of new materials.
Since then many customers have implemented it, and we received great overall feedback but also many requests how to further improve and extend this great search. We have tried to accomplish some of the requests with SAP notes and BAdIs, to allow customer specific extensions.
In Enhancement Package 5 a major update was provided. The Enhanced Material Search now supports Purchasing transactions. Usability improvements, generic features and a personalization option have been implemented as well.
SAP Enterprise Search Framework is now supported as an alternative to the Search Engine Service.
As a goodie with great value customer specific funtions keys can now be created via a BAdI to include further functions, actions, jumps to transactions, display images etc from the search results.
Customers using SAP for Retail can use the Enhanced Material Search in Seasonal Procurement transactions, have Generic article support, and can use PRICAT as a catalog management tool to create the catalog index out of PRICAT data. Several material creation and change options are offered for SAP Retail customers: Simplified Material Creation (EhP2), but now also MM41/42, PRICAT, and Core Master Data Maintenance for Articles.
Where to get info material?
You can find an infokit about the Enhanced Material Search and other Sales Order Enhancements in the Sales Order Enhancement Series: Overview.
Dr. Ingo Woesner
Application Strategic Innovation – Multichannel
P.S. Please read my blog about more Sales Order Enhancements
Sales Order Enhancement Series: Overview