I wanted to highlight this free upcoming webcast that will be hosted by the ASUG Enterprise Architecture Community on March 2, 2011 at 2 pm ET ( Duration 60 Minutes).
This is the start of a focus in 2011 by our community on professional development activites for Enterprise Architect’s
I have recently read the book www.zoomfactorbook.com by Sharon Evans and I highly recommend the book. Sharon will be delivering this webcast for our EA Community.
Overview of webcast
To become a great enterprise architect, it takes a precise blend of knowledge, mentoring, the ideal skill mix, and exceptional leadership. What can you do to ensure that your precious time is spent on the road traveling towards a great career? Find out what the masters from an enterprise architecture perspective know and do to become great in this field.
Attendees will learn how to recognize and build upon the traits and activities needed to demonstrate the value equated to excellence within their business analysis initiatives. After you attend this session, you will:
- Learn why you need to architect your career path in the straightest possible route instead of leaving it to chanceFind the best career niche in a shrinking market (there is always room for strategic thinkers right?)
- Realize which human factors and soft skills will drive your biggest success
- Distinguish between the skills that will get you advantages & advancement from the ones that are taking massive amounts of time to learn and become stale-dated quickly
- Uncover the best ways to demonstrate value and credibility in your role as the enterprise architect
- Discover how you can gain altitude within your organization – why taking an enterprise perspective will open many doors
This session is for those who are NEW to enterprise architecture and want to plot an extraordinary career; those who currently possess an EA role, and want to become excellent; and finally those in other fields in IT or business who want to find out what they can do to become an enterprise archictect.
Link to register for March 3rd 2011 webcast