When you start the SMD Diagnostics Agent, the system issues the following errors:
icm[SMDA]/HTTP/file_access_0 (ref.by icm/HTTP/file_access_0) missing.
icm[SMDA]/server_port_0 (ref.by icm/server_port_0) missing.
icm[SMDA]/server_port_1 (ref.by icm/server_port_1) missing.
icm[SMDA]/server_port_2 (ref.by icm/server_port_2) missing.
This is just a message which can be ignored.
This message shows that the parameters like icm/server_port_0 is missing, it is because the SMD Agent is a special SAP system which does not use icm.
Therefore, the message of missing parameters of icm… will still be displayed while checking profile by using the normal SAP tool sappfpar.
But if you want to get rid of this error you need to apply note 1466109.
You have to proceed as follows:
- Stop the agents (agents + service)
- Remove the content of the global exe folder
- Extract the SAPEXE.SAR in the global exe folder
- Restart the agents. The content of the global exe folder will be replicated in the local exe folder
- If you want to reduce the disk space, remove the files you have just deployed in the global exe folder and copy the content of the local exe folder.
It was successfully tested that downloading the latest SAPEXE 7.11 and install it on top of an agent 7.11 the warning messages disappear. Same works for 7.20 Agent as well.
It is important to download correct SAPEXE release. An 7.11 Agent, the kernel 7.11 needs to be downloaded and the 7.20 kernel with an 7.20 Agent.
The concern is: is it reasonable to replace the kernel binaries only in order to remove logging messages. Up to now, we are sure that the agent work perfectly with the kernel binaries embedded in the Agent DVD but what for the new SAPExe? So far there is no negative feedback from any SAP Customer that has used this fix that anything works wrong.