Part 13: Enterprise BPM framework; The Enterprise BPM Framework can be a basis for information management
In my previous blog posts, I have discussed the principles of the Enterprise BPM Framework and the definition of BPM maturity levels. The Enterprise BPM Framework can be used to;
- Discover the business issues and improvements (using the BPM Maturity Model)
- Discover the BPM projects and tools (using the BPM Framework)
- Discover the BPM stakeholders (using the BPM Stakeholders Map)
- Discover the BPM benefits (using the BPM Value Map)
|The Enterprise BPM framework|
The evaluation of the maturity models
Mient de Vries and Paul van de Linden from IBM Management Consultants have evaluated different maturity models (e.g. Atos Origin, Ordina, Gartner, IDS Scheer, IBM) and evaluated the usage of maturity models for information management. This evaluation was based on:
- The number of maturity levels (e.g. CMMI)
- The primary structure (axis) (e.g. business, process, organisation, management control)
- The secondary structure (axis) (e.g. strategy, design, implementation and control).
The following figure gives an overview of this evaluation:
|The Maturity model comparison|
The positioning of the maturity models
This evaluation compared the different maturity models based on the in-depth coverage (mate van uitwerking) of the 8 key process areas (e.g. technology, process, organisation, people management control, strategy, business value, , ambition, governance and applications)
This resulted into the following figure in which the maturity models are compared:
|The positioning of the Maturity models|
The determination of the best suited maturity model for a specific company is depending on the scope of the information management objectives and the ability to implement the results of the BPM maturity scan within the organization.
Some of the conclusions of the evaluation were:
- The definition of the key practices (best practices) within IBM and IDS models are the most detailed and can be used for the definition of the information management roadmap.
- The Enterprise BPM framework was the Maturity Model which was best fitted to be used for information management in combination with ARIS and SAP.
The complete article can be found at http://blog.misseyer.info/publicaties/