Flexi Device Pickup and Data Monitoring for Distribution Packages
Flexi Device Pick Up Scenario
In this scenario, there is no coupling between the users and the device and a user can pick up any mobile device to sync and download his data. For example, if there is a pool of 200 PDAs, for 200 mobile users. Any of the 200 users can pick up any of the 200 mobile devices to receive his user specific data.
Flexi Device in Netweaver Mobile 7.0
The NetWeaver Mobile 7.0 platform, when used with the MDSD application, allows this scenario. The NW Mobile 7.0 architecture for MDSD is user specific, such that, data is downloaded for a particular user from the backend and stored in user specific queue on the server. When the client syncs, the data is downloaded for the syncing user from his queue on the server.
Flexi Device in NetWeaver Mobile 7.1
Unlike NW Mobile 7.0, the NW Mobile 7.1 architecture has device specific queues and to support MDSD application related scenario in NW Mobile 7.1 certain BADI exits have been provided. These exits are set of APIs that allow user specific storage in Data Orchestration Engine and are available from NetWeaver 711 SP02 onwards.
Enabling Flexi Device Pickup steps
1) Set the parameters ENABLE_USER_SYNC_FOR_DOE = “X‟ and ENABLE_USER_SYNC_FOR_OBJ = “X‟ in NWMA portal or through SDOE_PARAM transaction.
2) Regenerate the appropriate SWCVs and SAP BASIS.
3) Implement the BADI with Enhancement Spot: BADI_DOE_FLEXI_DEVICE_PICKUP and BADI definition: FLEXI_DEVICE_PICKUP.
More details can be found at:
Data Monitoring feature in NWMA has been enhanced to support the monitoring of distribution packages from 7.3 onwards. This helps the administrator in tracking the data, which is particularly useful as means of troubleshooting when the data has not reached the users. Some of the capabilities provided are:
1) Transaction history for the corresponding instance.
2) Search based on user or Distribution package ID as primary search fields.
3) Advance search functionality for Data Monitoring for distribution packages allows business fields to be searched, provided the distribution packages is to persist the messages at the time of message processing.